is there something wrong with my scorpion

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I'm a little worried when I got home today I went to check on my asian forest scorpions, when I got the male out it had a small drop of water or something on it's second segment after the telson. It may be urine and I may look like an idiot to some people that are used to scorps, I apologize if that's the case. It was slightly greenish, It looked like it would have been too much if it was venom. He had a bit of a reaction when I touched the spot where it was at but, he is always really skittish so that may be him being him.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I'm a little worried when I got home today I went to check on my asian forest scorpions, when I got the male out it had a small drop of water or something on it's second segment after the telson. It may be urine and I may look like an idiot to some people that are used to scorps, I apologize if that's the case. It was slightly greenish, It looked like it would have been too much if it was venom. He had a bit of a reaction when I touched the spot where it was at but, he is always really skittish so that may be him being him.
Scorpion excrement is white. Post some images of the specimen in question.

Is it holding the telson flat on the ground stretched out or is it holding it normally curled up above its body or to the side of its body? If it is holding it stretched flat behind it then I would be very concerned.

How big is the water dish? Is it possible it dragged its telson through the water?

Though I have not witnessed it personally, it is not out of the question for a Scorpion to excrete venom even if not immobilizing prey. Such an action would not really be beneficial at all but who is to say on that.

When provoked does it react typically defensive or does it appear to be having difficulty moving?

Is it a mature specimen or is it nearing a molt (images will help determine if it is possibly in pre-molt).

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's all good Vaejovis, I don't think you're an idiot. Are you sure it's green? Can you shift it in a different angle in the light? Do you think you can tell what the consistency is thick or thin like water? Check out the other scorpions for clues. I wonder if another scorpion grabbed it by the tail at a joint and some waste got out...but scorpions only have clear fluids though...hmm...maybe this scorpion is actually fine and another "sick" scorpion may have excreted waste on this ones tail...but their waste isn't green...hmm...this is a head scratcher...check the enclosure for more clues...

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
The scorpion seems fine today. It may not have been greenish and I may have been worried for nothing. I will try to get some pics up but I don't see any more of that stuff.

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
Not a great picture to tell, but appears to be a pretty healthy scorp. Right posture, not flat or tired looking. Also sorry I didn't respond to your last humidity post in the other thread, but I don't keep that particular species so I don't want to give incorrect advice, having said that my rainforest scorpions Liocheles waigiensis are kept so that the tank air feels humid, though always be wary of too much moisture and warmth, good way to get mold.