Is there much of a difference in average temperament between these Acanthoscurria species?

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
I've been trying to do some research but I'm not finding much information. I want to add an Acanthoscurria to my collection; my options are geniculata, natalensis, paulensis, and sp. maldonadaensis.

I know what to expect from the genic, but can anyone comment on the others?

cold blood

Staff member
The others arent as big or pretty as genic....genic should also grow faster...but all should have relatively similar temperaments.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Isnt A simoensi? Did i spell it wright? Isnt it very defenssive?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I keep geniculata, chacoana and musculosa (I know you didn't ask about the latter two but hear me out) and they all have very different temperaments.

My geniculata is pretty chill (apart from the insane feeding response), my chacoana is actually kinda defensive, and my musculosa is an extremely skittish pet hole.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Geniculata is a must have. Maybe you can get a genic and one of the other species as well
DAEC2E5B-EB45-4A27-A010-CF4A9E201953.jpeg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I keep on being drawn to the Acanthoscurria natalensis, but I really think that everyone needs a geniculata in their collection. If you can splurge on two, those would be my choice.

ShockWave

Arachnopeon
I dig Acanthoscurria a lot. I have a genic and a sternalis. Genic has an awesome feeding response and is my fav out of my collection. Mine is pushing 8” after a successful molt. IME Sternalis seems more apt to kick hairs rather than attack.

Would love to add more Acanthoscurria to my collection!

2533A380-A861-4D7F-830A-861BB90CFA16.jpeg
1871CF41-2620-4228-9C94-2AD8737A067E.jpeg

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I've been trying to do some research but I'm not finding much information. I want to add an Acanthoscurria to my collection; my options are geniculata, natalensis, paulensis, and sp. maldonadaensis.

I know what to expect from the genic, but can anyone comment on the others?
Of all the 4 species you mentioned, I've never kept sp. Maldonadaensis.
I had about 9 geniculata, some of them was chill, others flicked hairs only by open their enclo. Have only 1 adult female that is calm, and 2 immature males that are skittish as hell.

A. natalensis I only have 1 individual, and she is always calm, have her since she was a sling and she almost never flicked hairs at me.

A. paulensis I have 7 individuals, on the contrary people are used to believe, they get bigger than A. geniculata, the true ones, at leats. All seven of them are very defensive and hair kickers too.

I have others Acanthoscurria spp. too and wether they are defensive or not, one thing I can assure you, all species I have/had from this genus were always voracious as hell.

Hope this can help a lil bit.