1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there much of a difference in average temperament between these Acanthoscurria species?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by asunshinefix, Apr 15, 2019.

1. asunshinefix

asunshinefix Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I've been trying to do some research but I'm not finding much information. I want to add an Acanthoscurria to my collection; my options are geniculata, natalensis, paulensis, and sp. maldonadaensis.

I know what to expect from the genic, but can anyone comment on the others?

2. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

The others arent as big or pretty as genic....genic should also grow faster...but all should have relatively similar temperaments.

3. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

Isnt A simoensi? Did i spell it wright? Isnt it very defenssive?

4. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

I keep geniculata, chacoana and musculosa (I know you didn't ask about the latter two but hear me out) and they all have very different temperaments.

My geniculata is pretty chill (apart from the insane feeding response), my chacoana is actually kinda defensive, and my musculosa is an extremely skittish pet hole.

5. Olan

Olan Arachnolord Old Timer

Geniculata is a must have. Maybe you can get a genic and one of the other species as well
    DAEC2E5B-EB45-4A27-A010-CF4A9E201953.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

I keep on being drawn to the Acanthoscurria natalensis, but I really think that everyone needs a geniculata in their collection. If you can splurge on two, those would be my choice.