Is there Hope for this two legged Pholcidae?

Skooterzorgz

Arachnopeon
Hello friends, a couple of days ago after I cleaned my floors I came upon a wounded Cellar Spider who became an unfortunate victim to my reckless mopping, I discovered it only had 3 legs as I picked it up another one of its legs came off now it only has two legs :( I know Pholcidae are able to molt and regrow their legs over a period of time before they reach adulthood and this one appears to be small. However, I dunno if its able to hunt or make a proper web with its two legs, so my question is, can this little guy molt its legs back before it starves to death? I read somewhere that they can survive over a month without food, its been two days since I found it and he is still attempting to move around, I put him in a glass mason jar with some sticks and a tissue soaked with water, its now hanging upside down of the stick, do you think it can survive or should I put it out of its misery?

The wolf

Arachnolord
Hello friends, a couple of days ago after I cleaned my floors I came upon a wounded Cellar Spider who became an unfortunate victim to my reckless mopping, I discovered it only had 3 legs as I picked it up another one of its legs came off now it only has two legs :( I know Pholcidae are able to molt and regrow their legs over a period of time before they reach adulthood and this one appears to be small. However, I dunno if its able to hunt or make a proper web with its two legs, so my question is, can this little guy molt its legs back before it starves to death? I read somewhere that they can survive over a month without food, its been two days since I found it and he is still attempting to move around, I put him in a glass mason jar with some sticks and a tissue soaked with water, its now hanging upside down of the stick, do you think it can survive or should I put it out of its misery?
Personally I think it will do absolutely fine,they are EXTREMELY hardy spiders and I don't doubt they are capable of going well over a month wit no food so I'd just leave her be,maybe remove the wet towel they don't seem to like humidity and just wait,if she gets really skinny you might have to feed her cricket soup or something similar

dllsPete

Arachnopeon
Yeah just leave him be. Maybe he will have a chance but it definitely wont be easy :(

Last edited:

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
It's worth a shot. The spider doesn't mind one way or the other.