Is there anyone here who has experience raising gecko hatchlings?

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I reacently aquired an egg of Gekko monarchus and after incubating it at room temperature (18-24°C) it hatched right on my own birthday in may. Obviously i cant give him/her away now!

Anyway i read a few books on related species and gecko care in general but felt the advice of experienced keepers would be nice so i joined 2 reptile forums, a german and an US based one. Sadly i noticed neither had many people in it who even answered my questions, it seems Arachnoboards really is special when it comes to how social people are or are reptile owners generally more tight lipped with their advice?

Has anyone made similar experiences?

I would love to hear if someone has some experience in this field that he/she might be willing to share with me. I realise that each species has its own care requirements but it might still be relevant.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
I'm raising a crestie from an egg and have raised a few others from young ages. My biggest advice is to not handle them at such a young age. Most young reptiles are extremely sensitive to temperature changes and are prone to yeeting themselves across the room if held. And you will not be able to get a good grip on them without risking injury.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Thx.
Like with my birdspiders i hadn't planned to handle it at all to be honest. Maybe once, when it is mature to check its sex, though i schould be able to tell if its male due to the vocalisation, so maybe i wont even need to do that.

This species is very secretive in general, i hardly see it. :)

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
Omggggg it's so TINY. And it's already a hide and seek champion. ;3;:lurking:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Yes luckily it is a synanthropic species so it should be quite hardy. I have an extremely cute video from about a month ago, when i put it in its temporary nursing enclosure :).

It must have doubled in size since then!