Is there a Scorpion that doesn't hide all the time?

Avaryc

Arachnopeon
I only know my p.imperator isn't dead, because the crickets I put in there once in a while vanish. Is there such a scorpion that.. I don't know... does something other than hide all the time? :? Maybe walk around the terrarium once in a while, climb stuff, etc.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Usually my P.Leiosoma always comes out at night/evening to stroll around. than it is pretty active for sometimes a few hours (with little breaks). But last night i diddn't see him comming out of his hiding place.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Smerinigurus mesaensis is also seriously active, their the most fiesty little scorpions I've ever kept, and lightning quick. I just spent 20 minutes chasing one round my room, great fun.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
fusion121 said:
Smerinigurus mesaensis is also seriously active, their the most fiesty little scorpions I've ever kept, and lightning quick. I just spent 20 minutes chasing one round my room, great fun.
lol...those are also known as Dune Scorpions right? Think my next scorp will be a Hadrurus arizonensis and then maybe some of those. How long have you had them? People seem to like that species, just doesn't appear that a lot of people have them. There are two color variations right? One is a bit on the more clearer/bluish side and the other a tannish color (if memory serves)?

Spanks

Arachnopeon
I find H.spadix to be extreamly active always doing "construction" around his teranium. I enjoy watching him. I find they are also a little more aggressive then H.arizonis

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a DH that doesn't do anything. It just sits next to the heat mat and is in its burrow (wich i made for it).

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My centruroides comes out a few times a day...and sometimes just chills out of its hide too...so I see it quite often actually...

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
edesign said:
lol...those are also known as Dune Scorpions right? Think my next scorp will be a Hadrurus arizonensis and then maybe some of those. How long have you had them? People seem to like that species, just doesn't appear that a lot of people have them. There are two color variations right? One is a bit on the more clearer/bluish side and the other a tannish color (if memory serves)?
I've only had mine a short time but its already one of my favourites active and nice looking, I don't know about colour morphs both mine look like:

TresScorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I Have a whole bunch of desert Hairys , I currently have 4 in a 10 gal tank they are all very active .. I also have some of the more aggresive ones in there own tanks , The only ones that seam to be less active are the overweight ones ..

Avaryc

Arachnopeon
Now what do I do with my Pimperator... I hate to buy a pet, then abandon it. But having an Emperor scorpion is pretty much the same as having no scorpion at all. :confused:

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avaryc said:
Now what do I do with my Pimperator... I hate to buy a pet, then abandon it. But having an Emperor scorpion is pretty much the same as having no scorpion at all. :confused:
Keep the Emp, it's kind of like the G. rosea or "pet rock" as they are sometimes, very affectionately, referred to.
And get more scorps.
I recently received an order from Darrin at Golden Phoenix, an H ariz., pallidum, & 2 S. mesaensis,pale var., as well, all healthy, lively animals and Darrin is easily accessible for any info that you may require.
Just get more...you know you want to...;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep Hadogenes paudicens and while not all that active it is out in the open much of the time.
Another thing I have noticed is that very well fed scorps stay hid 99% of the time. While ones that haven't ate in awhile tend to come out more. Remember too that most won't hardly come out until dark and all the lights are out.
I also keep P imperator and I have to say that it is the least active of my scorps (perhaps because I feed it well). The Desert Hairys like everyone else said is a more active scorp ;)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Hottentotta trilineatus are out in the open and walks around once in a while, also one of my A. australis tends to come out a couple of times a day which is strange as my other Androctonus species are more or less invisible most time :D.
Well well, as I'm sitting here I can see my Iomachus politus out and about too :)

Code

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Spanks said:
I find H.spadix to be extreamly active always doing "construction" around his teranium. I enjoy watching him.
I agree. My spadix is a very busy worker.

One thing to note with scorpions: They are less active in the light and more active in the dark. I keep my Emperor in my bedroom where it's pretty dark most of the time. Usually when I walk in and turn on the light, he's outside of his hide. But he is very good at sensing the light and sensing me, and does not like the attention. He usually runs back into his hide when I begin watching him.

If you'd like to watch your scorps in the "dark", use a red infrared lamp or a blacklight. Nightvision works well too. ;)