Is there a place that sells custom feeder insect tubs?

Venum

Arachnopeon
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a place online that sells custom feeder insect storage tubs. The closest thing I could find online is at the website below, but I'm wondering if there are other options out there. I have a few I've made custom, but I've seen some pretty nice ones in petstores and I'm trying to find one for sale.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
https://www.georgiacrickets.com/Products/Large-Keeper__Largekeeper.aspx

Thanks!

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a place online that sells custom feeder insect storage tubs. The closest thing I could find online is at the website below, but I'm wondering if there are other options out there. I have a few I've made custom, but I've seen some pretty nice ones in petstores and I'm trying to find one for sale.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
https://www.georgiacrickets.com/Products/Large-Keeper__Largekeeper.aspx

Thanks!
The pet stores near me use storage bin type setups. What makes the setups so nice in your stores?

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They're charging you twice as much so you don't have to drill your own ventilation holes.

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I have no idea what the proper name for those little vents is.
BUT If you can find a way to make the hole you can search for some Ventilated Hole Plugs somewhere and DIY for maybe less than 15$.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Edit: please delete i apparently dont know how to use the edit button

Pepper

Arachnosquire
I would absolutely recommend making your own. Get a huge tub from target (or whatever the big department store thats not walmart is where you are) and cut a hole on the top then put the finest screen you can get from your local hardware store over the hole and affix with a hot glue gun or somethin even cheaper.

I found some of the round vents mentioned above at https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/sea...rderway=desc&search_query=Vent&submit_search=
They have different sizes, i just linked the first one that came up.

What kind of feeders are you aiming for? I keep dubias, red runners, and isopods in DIY tubs and i cant imagine wanting to spend money on a better one

Venum

Arachnopeon
I would absolutely recommend making your own. Get a huge tub from target (or whatever the big department store thats not walmart is where you are) and cut a hole on the top then put the finest screen you can get from your local hardware store over the hole and affix with a hot glue gun or somethin even cheaper.

I found some of the round vents mentioned above at https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/sea...rderway=desc&search_query=Vent&submit_search=
They have different sizes, i just linked the first one that came up.

What kind of feeders are you aiming for? I keep dubias, red runners, and isopods in DIY tubs and i cant imagine wanting to spend money on a better one
I keep b. dubia, b. lateralis, acheta domestica, gryllodes sigillatus, and eliiptorhina javanica. Right now I just have a bunch of sterilite bins that I added some aluminum window screen vents to, but I'm not pleased with the durability of this setup so was looking for something I could simply purchase.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I keep b. dubia, b. lateralis, acheta domestica, gryllodes sigillatus, and eliiptorhina javanica. Right now I just have a bunch of sterilite bins that I added some aluminum window screen vents to, but I'm not pleased with the durability of this setup so was looking for something I could simply purchase.
Well then those would work for you. I've also noticed that they scuff the sides of the container so crickets can climb up. Some enclosures are only scuffed half way up. That enables the crickets to climb off the floor so you can clean it. They can't climb high enough to escape however.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Walmart have some nice cheap plastic containers too
I have uh economic concerns about walmart and would rather spend my money somewhere that pays their employees fairly. But if that doesnt matter to you go right ahead

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
I have uh economic concerns about walmart and would rather spend my money somewhere that pays their employees fairly. But if that doesnt matter to you go right ahead
Well that escalated quickly, and out of nowhere

What do you mean fairly? Does walmart not pay on time or something?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
They're simply getting some kind of vent you could find at hardware stores for those tubs, drilling them out with a "hole saw" drill bit, real easy to do, if you have a drill that is. I'd use larger vents than those for crickets, seem kind of small. https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...hUKEwjB5MmAv-XkAhVI2qwKHeDbBEcQ4dUDCAY&uact=5
Agreed. Those vents won't let a lot of air in and out, that's going to make for really smelly crickets (well, moreso than usual).