Question Is the forum search limited to 10 pages of results?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Trying to look up some historical pricing in the FS forum and I can only go back to August, 2016 after 10 pages of results. Is there a way to look back further? I see in the advanced search window you can specify posts newer than a certain date but not older. Did I miss it in a sticky somewhere? Thanks!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I usually search what I want on google including 'arachnoboards' in keywords to find older stuff.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I usually search what I want on google including 'arachnoboards' in keywords to find older stuff.
You're so pragmatic! Where's the fun in that? The spunkwater, the dead cats and midnight trysts divination?

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Google is how I found AB - so many tarantula searches link to here. So I had been reading AB for ages via google searches for help with my Ts before it finally dawned on me to simply join AB. :arghh:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I use Google often (actually, duckduckgo has been my go-to for a number of years now) for site searches however I specifically wanted ONLY results from the FS forum as I was looking for info that would give me all kinds of results via Google. I'm trying to find historical pricing for genics around 5". They seem to be rarely offered at that size (not cheap, look to be around $160-180) and I think I have an extra that I will be selling as soon as the other molts and I can confirm with the new molt.

However, now that you mention it, I have a new idea. Instead of searching site:AB.com I wonder if it'll let me drill down to the specific subforum link i.e site:arachnoboards.com/forums/for-sale-trade-want-to-buy.24/

If so, I thank you for kicking my brain in to overdrive :) I've never actually tried a site specific search beyond the home address.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Darn...no dice on either DDG or Google. DDG treats it as the home domain and Google returns 0 results which I know is false.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Darn...no dice on either DDG or Google. DDG treats it as the home domain and Google returns 0 results which I know is false.
Zero google hits? Makes no sense. :(

Not only does using "arachnoboards" as a key word in my search find hits here, but I can limit that search on google to only show AB hits by using keywords "site:arachnoboards.com" (along with my specific search words).

Pondering if there is a browser or google setting affecting your search results. Whatever is wrong sure stinks.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I don't think you're following what I'm specifically trying to do ;) I ONLY want results from the For Sale subforum, not just AB. I am looking specifically for posts with female geniculatas for sale. I can not get the search engines to filter to that specific subforum no matter what modifiers I use...so I use the forum search engine because it does allow you to filter by subforum and I have always had good luck with it for other questions/info about Ts. I rarely sell anything and this is the first time I've tried to do this type of specific research in to historical pricing. I'm pretty sure larger female genics have been put up for sale prior to mid-2016 but they're not showing up in the search engines and I'm not sure the results I found via the forum search engine came up with the other two SE's (they may have, I don't recall).

I wasn't overly clear about the lack of Google results. Zero hits because the format site:arachnoboards.com/blahblah/for.sale.forum.or.whatever.the.address.is.for.that.particular.subforum seems to be invalid with that search engine tweak in Google. In DDG it just ignores everything past AB.com and returns results from all forums. Using the normal one like I usually do and like you described comes up with a gajillion links but they do me no good when I can't sort by subforum even using Boolean operators on DDG and other search engine modifiers. I don't mind scanning through forum specific results most of the time, I stumble across other good info while doing so, but I'm not looking for care/behavior info this time so I don't want to deal with them :)

I think I know what I'll list it for though. Thanks for trying to help :)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
You're so pragmatic! Where's the fun in that? The spunkwater, the dead cats and midnight trysts divination?
Sheesh! How can you pinpoint anything using those old methods? They've gone the way of the 5 1/4" floppy disc.
Reading goat entrails is the way to go these days.