Is that a huntmann Spider?

longview0894

Arachnopeon
Hi
I was thinking that this forum would be the best to help me. Does someone knows what kind of spider it is?
I am currently in the south of Australia.

Thanks in forward

Justine

Attachments

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah that is a huntsman. Harmless.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
That looks like a heteropoda davidbowe or "hairy huntsman" to me, I'm not exactly an expert though.

Last edited:

Purplepuffball

Arachnosquire
That looks like a heteropoda davidbowe or "hairy huntsman" to me, I'm not exactly an expert though.
It is not- heteropoda davidbowie is an asian species that's found within Indonesia and Malaysia, with no known record of them in Australia- even if we were to ignore the geographical inconsistency- appearance wise it lacks the color and the "hairiness" of davidbowie

Glorfindel

Arachnopeon
it might be Heteropoda Javana (Java Huntsman) ? I don't know if they're found in Australia ? Spiders have been known to Stowaway In Cargo. Whatever it be? I likes it.

Last edited:

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
It is not- heteropoda davidbowie is an asian species that's found within Indonesia and Malaysia, with no known record of them in Australia- even if we were to ignore the geographical inconsistency- appearance wise it lacks the color and the "hairiness" of davidbowie
Oh ok, my mistake as I said I'm not an expert on hunstmen.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@RezonantVoid Any idea?
Australia is an isolated world all it's own, additionally separated by time. A mistake to go by comparisons to the fauna and flora of the rest of the world.

Last edited: