Is tarantula keeping your main hobby?

Is tarantula keeping, your main hobby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I only have one T so I would say I can't really call it hobby but I enjoy it and am still hoping to get more someday. I would say inverts in general is one of my main hobbies at this point though. My other hobbies include gardening, my other animals (as well as events that accompany them), a little amateur photography, and some programming (I especially love working with databases).

louise f

Arachnoangel
Ok i might as well break the news sooner than later guys/girls. I actually dont keep spiders anymore, Yes i know i said i would keep them until i was gone. But because of a hard period of my life i had to deal with i could not get myself together so i had to do it, i want the animals the best.. Some of you already know what happend....The most terrible that could happen.
So a very good friend of mine she bought them all. And i know she is the best with them… But now almost a year after my bad period. I must admit i miss them and i miss having them around me. I had like the whole living room infested with those beauties. <3 <3 I am strongly considering starting up again.

My other hobbies is photographing, baking, creativity with my son. :kiss::)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Ok i might as well break the news sooner than later guys/girls. I actually dont keep spiders anymore, Yes i know i said i would keep them until i was gone. But because of a hard period of my life i had to deal with i could not get myself together so i had to do it, i want the animals the best.. Some of you already know what happend....The most terrible that could happen.
So a very good friend of mine she bought them all. And i know she is the best with them… But now almost a year after my bad period. I must admit i miss them and i miss having them around me. I had like the whole living room infested with those beauties. <3 <3 I am strongly considering starting up again.

Its never too late to get back on the horse. I hope you are doing better Louise, and that you will stick around. You have always been such a friendly, positive person...its sad that often the worst things happen the kindest people, life can be cold and unfair. :(

As for myself, tarantula keeping is definitely my main hobby, and I think its time consuming enough already.:astonished: With my free time, I enjoy being outdoors and spending quality time with my friends, hiking, fishing, football you name it.

Late night bond fires with some good company and a few beers never gets old as well. When I can, the boys and I like to rent out a cottage out north and go haywire for the weekend lol. :angelic: :cigar:

Its important to decompress once in a while.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
When I can, the boys and I like to rent out a cottage out north and go haywire for the weekend lol. :angelic: :cigar:
That's an amazing idea for an Horror/Sexploitation Indie movie, the ones of back then, those ones viewed by four people into an old, full of smoke theater and nowadays considered 'cult' movies.

Title: The spiders collector Nightstalker VS the Laval/Quebec grumpy bigoted WWII Zombie woodcutter! :angelic:

louise f

Arachnoangel
Its never too late to get back on the horse. I hope you are doing better Louise, and that you will stick around. You have always been such a friendly, positive person...its sad that often the worst things happen the kindest people, life can be cold and unfair. :(

As for myself, tarantula keeping is definitely my main hobby, and I think its time consuming enough already.:astonished: With my free time, I enjoy being outdoors and spending quality time with my friends, hiking, fishing, football you name it.

Late night bond fires with some good company and a few beers never gets old as well. When I can, the boys and I like to rent out a cottage out north and go haywire for the weekend lol. :angelic: :cigar:

Its important to decompress once in a while.
Aww you are the sweetest. <3 <3 I`m good again. Yes life can knock you down in a second. I will get back on the horse again. <3

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
That's an amazing idea for an Horror/Sexploitation Indie movie, the ones of back then, those ones viewed by four people into an old, full of smoke theater and nowadays considered 'cult' movies.

Title: The spiders collector Nightstalker VS the Laval/Quebec grumpy bigoted WWII Zombie woodcutter! :angelic:
Oh Chris, always with the lovely movie ideas! In all seriousness, I pity the man who tries to pull that one off. :cool: Wont go the way you usually see it in the movies.

In the past something similar happened, some unsavory individuals showed up at my buddy's party and were causing trouble...of course they didn't want to leave. On top of it, his parents were gone for the week and he had orchestrated the whole thing in secret(I know how typical) and we just trashed his place fighting them off...was really bad. The walls looked like a Jackson Polloch painting...you can guess the color. Cops didn't give us any grief since we were minors at the time, and one of the dudes tried to shank me, came damn near close too...good times lol.

I can recall throwing him through a Christmas tree and out the window...and that's after breaking his nose. Oh the holiday season, always bring out the best in us!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Of course, I'm Italian: we did the best and epic genuine horror/banned/perverted movies :)

Was by chance fellow Canadian Skallagrim trying to hit you with a sword pommel? :stop:

:troll:
Nope, went straight for the biggest kitchen knife he could find lol...and then assumed to hold everyone at the party ransom. I was not impressed.

:rolleyes:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Of course, I'm Italian: we did the best and epic genuine horror/banned/perverted movies :)

Was by chance fellow Canadian Skallagrim trying to hit you with a sword pommel? :stop:

:troll:
C’mon Chris! You didn’t mention spaghetti westerns.

Condog4

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas and other inverts keeping is probably my main hobby. I also play computer games, keep houseplants.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Last edited by a moderator:

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
My main hobby is randomly coming across something obscure/interesting on the internet, getting super into it for like a month or two, then finding something else and repeating the process.
But honestly, I don't think I have one main hobby since my interests shift constantly. However there are a few that come back to me on a regular basis, such as Lego, Gundam models, drawing, collecting things(fossils, historical objects, etc.), various instruments that I can't play well, and general interest in animals(especially ones most people don't know much about)
P.S. These hobbies totally don't drain your bank account like a money vampire! (especially the combination of Lego and invert keeping):troll:

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
My main hobby is randomly coming across something obscure/interesting on the internet, getting super into it for like a month or two, then finding something else and repeating the process.
But honestly, I don't think I have one main hobby since my interests shift constantly. However there are a few that come back to me on a regular basis, such as Lego, Gundam models, drawing, collecting things(fossils, historical objects, etc.), various instruments that I can't play well, and general interest in animals(especially ones most people don't know much about)
P.S. These hobbies totally don't drain your bank account like a money vampire! (especially the combination of Lego and invert keeping):troll:
Lol, I'm the same way. I move really quickly between interests (sometimes even in just days). That's one of the reason the invert hobby has surprised me. It's been well over a year (not including the time when I was little) and I have not lost interest at all. In fact, it's only been growing I feel. One reason I believe this is the case is because there are so many different kinds of inverts, many with unique super powers. The spider world alone is amazing with its variety.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

I'm really sorry you had such a hard time friend. It is very good to have you back on Ab!:kiss:

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My tarantula hobby is on par with my gardening hobby, especially now that I live in a mild winter climate.