is she okay

Tori B

Arachnopeon
my pinktoe has a good appetite, but she seems to never drink from her waterdish. Is this normal? I feed her gut loaded crickets.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The feeders may be supplying enough hydration and/ or you just havent seen it at the dish.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I agree. Unless you watch her 24/7 you don't know she hasn't gone to her dish.

She probably has. Or like kezy said, the food is enough.

BC1579

Arachnobaron
I’ve had two A. avics for a few months now and only ever caught one of them at their respective dishes. They’re both fine.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I've only seen a few of my tarantulas actually drink, all Aphonopelma species. Like was said above, you can't watch them all the time. Just keep the water in there.
The abdomen is a good barometer of the conditions of the tarantula. If it looks nice and plump, everything is usually going right.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I have had an avic for quite a while and have never seen it drink anything. The only T I have ever seen drink is my A. anax. The rest of them? I dunno what they do when I'm not looking. I imagine they read the paper, do crossword puzzles, eat popcorn, things like that. Haha.
But seriously, they must somehow be getting their hydration! And many of them do get enough hydration through their prey.

I agree with @Paul1126 that they look adorable when they drink! My avic is such a cute fuzzball, I would love to see it drink!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
my pinktoe has a good appetite, but she seems to never drink from her waterdish. Is this normal? I feed her gut loaded crickets.
Dont bother with the gut loading stuff. Waste of money. Just feed the crickets fish flakes or something easy and when it's their time to be in turn fed to the spider toss one in.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Dont bother with the gut loading stuff. Waste of money. Just feed the crickets fish flakes or something easy and when it's their time to be in turn fed to the spider toss one in.
I just give my crickets something from my fridge. Like part of an apple, lettuce, spinach, etc. Then you don't even have to worry about buying stuff for them.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I just give my crickets something from my fridge. Like part of an apple, lettuce, spinach, etc. Then you don't even have to worry about buying stuff for them.
I use fish flakes because I have fish too so I always have it and it's dry which is easier given how dirty crickets can be

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
You keep a lot of healthy stuff in your fridge! I just opened my fridge and now I´m a bit ashamed because there´s hardly anything to feed crickets with there :embarrassed:... I have beer, though :hungry: