Is she gravid?

Lorenz

Arachnopeon
I jsut mated my g. Porteri last friday and I was trying to attempt to pair them up again but the my fem porteri isnt receptive anymore plus my male was so scared to approach her. Oh and by the way my male just made a fresh sperm web but he wont try for another insertion.. could it be possible that she is already gravid? And my fem seems to act differently she is always laying low on the substrate legs all stretched out and she is always eating every 2 days.. she is not like that before she always goes on a fasting... Need some advice.. thanks

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
already gravid...no....but she probably has what she needs....absolutely no good reason to continue pairing, doing so is just putting the male at unnecessary risk.

Lorenz

Arachnopeon
already gravid...no....but she probably has what she needs....absolutely no good reason to continue pairing, doing so is just putting the male at unnecessary risk.
Thanks man.. I just wanted to make sure... Oh and by the way this is my first time mating ts. Do you have any idea how long will it take for her to drop an eggsac? I kept on reading some threads about that but I cant find any definite answer some says its between 2-3 months but some says it is longer for the rosea(porteri) specie..

cold blood

Staff member
It could take as little as 2 or 3 months, or as long as a year plus....no way to determine...just a waiting game....just keep her well fed. You should know in a while (months) as a gravid females rump typically gets a very round look to it....like this...

Lorenz

Arachnopeon
It could take as little as 2 or 3 months, or as long as a year plus....no way to determine...just a waiting game....just keep her well fed. You should know in a while (months) as a gravid females rump typically gets a very round look to it....like this...
Cool... Thanks again.. by the way nice looking gbb there I have mine way back last year and still she is 2.5 inch

Attachments