Is ok dust mealworms with human suplement?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I don't think human supplements are fit for amphibians. Their needs differ from ours. Better get something that is specifically for them ;)

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
I don't think human supplements are fit for amphibians. Their needs differ from ours. Better get something that is specifically for them ;)
Sorry but is not possible here. They only sell it for humans . need to know if magnesio is good or bad for them

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
I don't think magnesium or zinc is necessary for toads. Usually when you dust crickets or mealworms, it is as a supplement for lizards or turtles. The only supplement I could think of that might be helpful would be ultraviolet light supplied from a blacklight or something similar. What would be helpful would be gut loading the mealworms (feeding the mealworms something like lettuce or oats) then feeding those mealworms to the toad. But I don't think extra nutrients could hurt as long as it is in lower doses and not ridiculous amounts.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Toads don't need UV. All animals (including humans) need minute amounts of magnesium and zinc, so I don't think they'll hurt a toad. Your real problem will be twofold: mealworms are both fairly unhealthy (high in chitin and fat, low in calcium even for an insect) and very hard to dust, at least in my experience. The dust just falls right off.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
When in doubt, it’s always better to not use supplements. If his body is continuously trying to process excess minerals that are not being used by his body, you run the risk of giving him kidney problems.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Toads don't need UV. All animals (including humans) need minute amounts of magnesium and zinc, so I don't think they'll hurt a toad. Your real problem will be twofold: mealworms are both fairly unhealthy (high in chitin and fat, low in calcium even for an insect) and very hard to dust, at least in my experience. The dust just falls right off.
I heard somewhere that there is a correlation between uv and a lack of redleg. Anyway schmiggle is right, nightcrawlers, crickets, and roaches would all be better feeders in the long run than mealworms.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I heard somewhere that there is a correlation between uv and a lack of redleg
That's certainly plausible, because UV kills bacteria. However, the toad probably wouldn't be using the UV for vitamin DNA metabolism or anything.