1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my scorpion constipated or just fat?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by fullmetalcommunist, Oct 7, 2018.

1. fullmetalcommunist

fullmetalcommunist Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    This is my Asian forest scorpion (sold as h spinifer from a pet shop but I've been told he could be h longissimus too). I've been feeding him normal (5 medium crickets a month). He looks really fat. Is this ok?? Should I feed him less? I hope he isn't constipated. He's acting normal, just looks really fat to me. He hasn't molted in like a year . What in tarnation? Is he ok?

Attached Files:

2. Whitelightning777

Whitelightning777 Arachno-heretic Arachnosupporter

When mine looked like that, I got 23 surprise scorplings!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Arachno HoneyBadger Arachnosupporter

ABQ
  4. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Arachnosquire Active Member

Canada
    *Whisper
    It's a HE...

5. fullmetalcommunist

Omg!! He (she??) Hasn't been kept communally for over a year. Is that possible? :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

6. Whitelightning777

Whitelightning777 Arachno-heretic Arachnosupporter

If it's a wild caught female, & many of these are very high percentage are, it's entirely possible. In captivity they get fed regularly and have good conditions. Therefore the pregnancy doesn't get suspended or absorbed and progresses.

The other possibility is that it's gonna molt soon. However, yours looks awfully close to an adult size & I'm slightly leaning towards pregnancy.

7. Alex99

Alex99 Arachnosquire Active Member

My pandinus spp got what I thought was overweight as well and I was surprised with a brood..

8. fullmetalcommunist

Assuming he's pregnant, what do I need to know or do to prepare?

9. fullmetalcommunist

She was communal at the pet store I got her from, not wild caught to my knowledge but I don't really know

10. Alex99

Alex99 Arachnosquire Active Member

For right now keep her stress free and keep feeding her well and making sure the temp and humidity levels are high. Until she actually gives birth that's really it.

11. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Arachno HoneyBadger Arachnosupporter

ABQ
    *he