Is my mantis moulting

Giant Asian mantis lover

Arachnosquire
No she hasn't in 3days but her abdomen is very large, I put a cricket in on the weekend and she ate it, i think it is that, she hasn't moulted for 4 1/2 weeks

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
oh jesus lord... dont feed crickets to mantids as their main food source, if not kept correctly, even the tiniest detail in their housing, can make your mantis sick. I cant tell if she is moulding, and the fact that she eats and moves, doesnt mean she isnt shedding. I've seen with my own eyes a mantis eating and after 10 minutes shedding. I will need a clear, close-up picture of her thorax.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
If you feed her crickets that aren't treated like "kings" she might get ill and die from a disease called "black vomit", she will be vomiting a brown liquid and die after days, i would recommend another food likle mealworms, its impossible not being able to find mealworms, they're bird,fish and reptile food. And no, as far as i know, the most common mantis deaths are when she is moulding, if she falls of or get disturbed.
Please send me the pictures i asked so i can she if she is moulding!

Giant Asian mantis lover

Arachnosquire
If you feed her crickets that aren't treated like "kings" she might get ill and die from a disease called "black vomit", she will be vomiting a brown liquid and die after days, i would recommend another food likle mealworms, its impossible not being able to find mealworms, they're bird,fish and reptile food. And no, as far as i know, the most common mantis deaths are when she is moulding, if she falls of or get disturbed.
Please send me the pictures i asked so i can she if she is moulding!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Agreed, seriously stop feeding crickets. Feed roaches, blue bottle flies, moths, and occasional mealworms. You can also catch insects outside, but I worry about parasites and pesticides from those too.