Is my centipede pregnant again?

amateur

Arachnosquire
My centipede was refusing food for maybe about 2 months or so. She did eat a cricket now but she did not take it as if she is hungry. Here is a couple of pictures.
She laid the eggs in December and the babies was seperated in January. Could she be pregnant again?

Attachments

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Considering she hasn't been eating for 2 months, I'd say she looks pretty fat ;)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I don't know anything about centipedes. Just popped in to say the title made me laugh because I read it in an exasperated tone:

Is my centipede pregnant AGAIN? She's such a hussy. :shifty:

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
She is likely getting ready to molt, after which there is a good chance she will lay eggs again. If she already molted a while back, then she will probably lay eggs soon.

Centipedes can lay several clutches from a single fertilization, so expect more in the future!

By the way, nice 'pede! Cormocephalus, right?

amateur

Arachnosquire
Before she molted she looked like this (see picture below). I saw her molt in June.
Thanks, but I don't really know the specie for sure. She sure does look like a Cormocephalus though.

Attachments

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Before she molted she looked like this (see picture below). I saw her molt in June.
Thanks, but I don't really know the specie for sure. She sure does look like a Cormocephalus though.
If she molted in June and laid eggs around December of last year, then I think it's safe to say she will lay again.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Very nice.
Just to give you an idea of the time they'll remain this way, my female laid on the 11th of November. Now the eggs have turned into white little pedelings. In a few weeks they'll be able to leave her and start eating on their own.

amateur

Arachnosquire
Thanks!
How much would you typically pay for this specie but for a pedeling?

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Being a cormocephalus, they won't be very expensive sadly. A pedeling here in europe would be around 8 euros. No idea about the south african centipede market though.

amateur

Arachnosquire
There isn't really a shop where they sell centipedes, only like one place that was selling them a couple of weeks ago...

Here's a quick update on the mom and the pedelings:

The babies just got their colour and I could see they were ready for food, but some of them are still with the mom in daytime.
When will be the right time to seperate them?
PS: I think there is like 15-20 of them, and some are larger than the others though.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
SO cute! If the plings are starting to move away from the mother you can take them out one by one. Eventually you'll get all of them.

If you want to feed the mother or plings while they are together, you can. The mother may even share food with her babies.