1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my centipede pregnant again?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by amateur, Dec 4, 2017.

1. amateur

amateur Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    My centipede was refusing food for maybe about 2 months or so. She did eat a cricket now but she did not take it as if she is hungry. Here is a couple of pictures.
    She laid the eggs in December and the babies was seperated in January. Could she be pregnant again?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeFanDesBugs

LeFanDesBugs Arachnobaron Active Member

Paris
    Considering she hasn't been eating for 2 months, I'd say she looks pretty fat ;)

3. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince Active Member

I don't know anything about centipedes. Just popped in to say the title made me laugh because I read it in an exasperated tone:

Is my centipede pregnant AGAIN? She's such a hussy. :shifty:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LawnShrimp

LawnShrimp Arachnobaron Active Member

She is likely getting ready to molt, after which there is a good chance she will lay eggs again. If she already molted a while back, then she will probably lay eggs soon.

Centipedes can lay several clutches from a single fertilization, so expect more in the future!

By the way, nice 'pede! Cormocephalus, right?

5. amateur

Before she molted she looked like this (see picture below). I saw her molt in June.
    Thanks, but I don't really know the specie for sure. She sure does look like a Cormocephalus though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. LawnShrimp

LawnShrimp Arachnobaron Active Member

If she molted in June and laid eggs around December of last year, then I think it's safe to say she will lay again.

7. amateur

Cool, thanks for helping!

• Like Like x 1