Is it worth it to correct husbandry errors?

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They probably left out the hide so the T won't............................................hide. They want visitors to be able to see it at all times. Not sayin' that's the right thing to do. Just sayin'.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I would mind my own business, they probably wouldn’t listen anyway.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I wasn't expecting that at all. I'll get in touch with their volunteer coordinator and we'll see about getting this spider a new enclosure. Oh and they told me that her name is Rosie.
I think Robc was doing volunteer work for local zoos making his bark backgrounds:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
They probably left out the hide so the T won't............................................hide. They want visitors to be able to see it at all times. Not sayin' that's the right thing to do. Just sayin'.
Well that's good logic that I would have assumed except they gave her things that she frequently hides behind so if that were the case they missed the bar!

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Weird update!

So apparently correcting husbandry errors gets you free spiders! The person I was in contact with at the gardens actually informed me that she was under the wrong impression about what they were doing with the exhibit, they are actually phasing it out entirely rather than updating it and they now need someone to take their tarantula and asked me if I would be interested. I said yes so uh, new spider this week!

Misa

Arachnopeon
I love this thread :D I think it's cool that you took the time to write them, and in the end it got you a free spider! So wholesome.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I love this thread :D I think it's cool that you took the time to write them, and in the end it got you a free spider! So wholesome.
I think it all turned out okay! It's not 100% official yet, they have to OK it with their director but I mean they're getting rid of the entire animal exhibit so someone has to take the spider.

Major 78

Arachnosquire
I will accept this burden so you don't have to :)
Your too kind... But you shouldn't stress yourself like that. I will be the one taking this burden, everyone does tell me that if I could, I would carry the world on my shoulders! ;)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
We had some scheduling conflicts that kept me from getting the T earlier but I finally picked her up today! She's actually bigger than I anticipated so I'll need to rehouse her but I don't have a larger enclosure on hand so I'll have to buy one later this week.

Attachments

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Awwwww!!!!! She's so cute!
Thank you! :D She's real fluffy, and in wonderful shape considering her less than optimal conditions. The only thing that worries me is something stuck to her abdomen right between the spinnerets, I don't know if it's feces or just residual dirt from her old enclosure. She's got dirt all over her toes that stuck to them so I'm thinking it might just be that.