Is it too soon to put my h mac in his final enclosure?

Spiderguy47

Arachnoknight
My H. Maculata currently has a 3.25 inch diagonal leg span. I don't know if I should give him an intermediate enclosure or go straight to his permanent enclosure. Currently he is setup in a critter keeper and I want to rehouse him soon because I hate using these enclosures.
Is it too soon to put him in a 8x8x12 enclosure?

Devin B

Arachnobaron
If you rehouse it into its final enclosure now then thats one less rehouse with your T. With that Fact alone I would go to its final enclosure now.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Easiest to rehouse hotter species into their final enclosures smaller than you would others. Definitely go for it so you don't have to deal with another rehouse later

Spiderguy47

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the advice. I plan on setting up his new enclosure soon. I am not looking forward to this rehouse, he's lightning fast. Honestly I prefer Ts that stand their ground, its much easier to get a cup over them. Wish me luck.

Spiderguy47

Arachnoknight
Turns out that he is a mature male and probably won't get any bigger. I might just keep him in his current enclosure. I plan on loaning him to a local breeder that I know and his current enclosure is easy to transport.