1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Premolt?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Renoxus, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Advertisement
    So my Chaco Golden Knee (Rakno) is back! So I was suspecting it's on premolt, but I need confirmation from pros. Is it really on premolt?

Attached Files:

2. It might be in premolt but we need to see more photos closer up and at in angle from the back if you can.

Also has it stopped eating or is it still eating food?

• Like Like x 1
  3. It stopped eating and it spun a small amount of its web (molt mat), but I can't confirm it's molt mat.

4. Its probably a molt mat, the mats aren't really big and soon enough it'll flip over!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grace Cannell

Grace Cannell Arachnopeon

It does sound like it is in premoult but it is always difficult to say. Best thing you can do is watch and wait and supervise all feedings just in case it isn't interested in eating.

• Like Like x 2
  6. boina

boina Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Er... honestly, that tarantula does not look as if it needs any more food :hilarious:.

OP, just wait for it to molt. It may be days or even a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't feed any more until it has molted.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Grace Cannell

Grace Cannell Arachnopeon

Ah admittedly I didn't look at the photo. Yes ignore the food bit :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trenor

Trenor Arachnoprince Active Member

NC
    It's likely refusing food because it doesn't need more to make it through the molt. Which at that size they molts fairly regularly. You're good.

At that size, all my Ts looked that fat or heavier. I have one that's smaller than a dime and fat as a tick. Later, once they reach juvie size, (2-3 inches for me) I start slowing them down on food and let them slim up.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. It's actually molting now! I'm really anticipitated for what the result is!

• Like Like x 1
  10. It molted yesterday and I caught it on camera as well!

• Like Like x 1