is it possible for skinny slings to molt?

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
guys i have another question that hopefully one of you could answer, i looked in on my g pulchra -1.2 cm today and hes less responsive to the enclosure being moved and is scrunched up in his hole, now i have no idea whether it is just my imagination or not but he looks hairyier and his leggs look darker, my question is this, could a sling with an abdomen as thin as this molt? i know this likely is all in my imagination and that he most likely hasnt molted because i cant see a molt in his hole tho it is dark and he did take 2 crickets down there(but atleast 1 is still in there un eaten), but still i am curiouse as to how likely this is. I would be thrilled if he has molted as i only got he/she 3 days ago but he was so skinny it seems unlikely?

Attachments

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
guys i have another question that hopefully one of you could answer, i looked in on my g pulchra -1.2 cm today and hes less responsive to the enclosure being moved and is scrunched up in his hole, now i have no idea whether it is just my imagination or not but he looks hairyier and his leggs look darker, my question is this, could a sling with an abdomen as thin as this molt? i know this likely is all in my imagination and that he most likely hasnt molted because i cant see a molt in his hole tho it is dark and he did take 2 crickets down there(but atleast 1 is still in there un eaten), but still i am curiouse as to how likely this is. I would be thrilled if he has molted as i only got he/she 3 days ago but he was so skinny it seems unlikely?
Their abdomens are skinnier after a moult. If you can’t see a scrunched up moult, they can chew on it and basically all but destroy it. Do the legs have a milky shiny sheen to them? Spiders in post moult are ‘teneral’ or transparent in appearance.

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
Their abdomens are skinnier after a moult. If you can’t see a scrunched up moult, they can chew on it and basically all but destroy it. Do the legs have a milky shiny sheen to them? Spiders in post moult are ‘teneral’ or transparent in appearance.
thanks for your reply i have concluded that she dident molt i dont know how to delete the post though unfortunetly

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
That's not even that skinny tbh...

Skinny to me is when the abdomen is noticeably smaller than the carapace.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
The ad nauseam pre-molt descriptions we read multiple times daily are general characteristics. There are some specimens that, as much as it seems folks here would like, will not conform. I have a G. pulchripes that has never given me a physical indication of pre-molt. I just find an exuvia during my check, or like the recent picture in my satire thread, I found it on its back. I used to have a B. vagans that did the same.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
The ad nauseam pre-molt descriptions we read multiple times daily are general characteristics. There are some specimens that, as much as it seems folks here would like, will not conform. I have a G. pulchripes that has never given me a physical indication of pre-molt. I just find an exuvia during my check, or like the recent picture in my satire thread, I found it on its back. I used to have a B. vagans that did the same.
My G Pulchripes is the same it's never fasted and ususaly just find a moult lying around the enclosure. My LP total opposite she fasts doesn't go near her hide and builds a Web matt in the one corner kicks a load of hair so the abdomen is clearly visible and this can be weeks before the actual moult just guess she like to be ready for it