Is it ok to place a T enclosure near a computer?

50centipede

Internecivus raptus
My room is running out of space... Would the high frequency sound/electromagnetic field from PC have negative influence on T?

Last edited:

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
My room is running out of space... Would the high frequency sound/electromagnetic field from PC have negative influence on T?
I used to place all my inverts near/on my xbox as a source of warmth for them ans it worked great for me until i got heat mats for their shelving no issues.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I’ve used my computer close to my tarantula enclosures and haven’t noticed any issues, but I don’t know if it can affect them. I would guess you’ll have no issues.

Last edited:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just be sure to protect your passwords so they don't go on a late-night online shopping binge some night when you're away.

But yeah, they should be fine. I've had my cages next to computer or other electronic equipment, and as far as I can tell, they don't even notice it. There were no discernable changes in behavior or any increase in stress curls or other indications that they were bothered by it.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Well I have three Macs and I don't think they make the same sound (they don't really make sounds at all except for the fan in the laptop). I've housed my Ts on the shelf next to the desk with the three computers on it and they don't seem to care.