Is it common for Brachy's to have long premolt stages?

Luka98

Arachnosquire
I'm not really concerned about my pre-molt b albo taking forever to molt, she's got her water, the sub is nice and dry and she's got a nice hide with plenty of room to dig. I'm just curious if this is a common thing about Brachypelma's? I've seen plenty of comments on threads of people's hamorii's and whatnots taking month even.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I have both forms of B. albo and neither have demonstrated excessively long pre-molt cycles, and when they are in pre-molt it is pretty much just fasting for a few weeks. Both specimens carry on as usual, e.g., staying out in the open. Now you wanna talk Brachy extended pre-molt? Let’s talk B. albiceps! Mine seems to be in pre-molt so long it forgets what it’s doing.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
It should be moist, at least somewhat. B. albopilosum are one of the very few Brachys that like a little moisture.
I have both forms of B. albo and neither have demonstrated excessively long pre-molt cycles, and when they are in pre-molt it is pretty much just fasting for a few weeks. Both specimens carry on as usual, e.g., staying out in the open. Now you wanna talk Brachy extended pre-molt? Let’s talk B. albiceps! Mine seems to be in pre-molt so long it forgets what it’s doing.
Now that you guys say that maybe my girl is just waiting for it to "rain" since i kept the sub dry. As soon as i saw your posts i rehoused her into a bigger deeper moister enclosure. Let's see what happens!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Now you wanna talk Brachy extended pre-molt? Let’s talk B. albiceps! Mine seems to be in pre-molt so long it forgets what it’s doing.
Co-signed, mine buried herself for over 4 months, all of my other Brachys fast for a few weeks/a month or so and then moult.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm not really concerned about my pre-molt b albo taking forever to molt, she's got her water, the sub is nice and dry and she's got a nice hide with plenty of room to dig. I'm just curious if this is a common thing about Brachypelma's? I've seen plenty of comments on threads of people's hamorii's and whatnots taking month even.
Quite common

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Yep. All brachys take a long time to molt. I have a 3-5 year old (my memory is terrible) B. Hamorii that is still a juvenile. It is not very far off from an adult though. My Albopilosum seems to be the inverse of my Hamorii, as it has molted more times in the past three months then my Hamorii has in six.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Update: Clocked in at exactly 2 weeks and 2 days since the last feeding, the B Albopilosum has just flipped on her back. I watched her do it too it was awesome. :D

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
It all depends, most species molt rather quickly as Slings and the older they get the less often, and longer it takes...
My C. Cyaneopubescens has been in pre molt now for 1 month, however just stopped taking food a week ago, I can assess a fore coming molt within the next couple weeks. Just be sure to keep water dish full a syringe helps so you don’t have to open the lid and disturb.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Well shucks. To be honest, the first time I saw a T molt was my B. Albopilosum. It took like 15 minutes.
I don't know if size makes a difference, she's pretty big so maybe that's why :D it's definitely going to take a few hours