Is it an Emperor?

wern101

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.

I am 13 and I have had my scorpion for about 6 months but lately I have had the feeling that she may not be an Emperor. She stays small even though she eats well.

A week after I got her she gave birth and so I thought she would be mature already.

Are there any definitive ways to ID her? Can anyone confirm that she is an Emperor? Pls see pic. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think your scorpion is a Heterometrus species. The most commonly sold here in the US is Heterometrus petersii, I would go look it up to see what I could find about it.

Ran

Arachnoknight
wern, you have a nice Heterometrus species. She is a tropical species so you should change her substrate to moist coco coir. Other than that you are taking great care of her!

wern101

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for the help FYI I am from South Africa and she was sold to me as an emperor.Altough I've had her for 7months she has not molted once and she hasn't grown at all that's where I suspected she might not be an emperor after all.If she was an emperor she would be in 2nd or 3rd Instar.She is about 4 inches long so I thought she was still young.A week after I got her she gave birth to seven sling that's where I knew she was mature.

wern101

Arachnopeon
Getting new substrate next week sand is only temporary thanks again.

wern101

Arachnopeon
Hey guys she is indeed a Heterometrus Petersii any valuable information I could use care,feeding etc?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey guys she is indeed a Heterometrus Petersii any valuable information I could use care,feeding etc?
Keep it the same as Pandinus spp. Moist coco fiber to burrow, hide, water dish, temps in the high 70s, and feed it now and then and you're good to go.