Is every other day for feeding a 1/2" sling okay?

Snowy Snowman

Arachnosquire
Hi. I've gotten slings, and I was wondering what's a good schedule for feeding. My G. pulchra is 1/2", and my B. albo is 1/4". Currently, my feeding schedule is every other day. Is this too much/too little/alright?

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
Just what Cold Blood said. You have some slow growing species as is, so feeding that often isn't necessary. The more you feed, the quicker they'll go into premolt and end up refusing food altogether, and the fasts become longer as they get bigger. Depending how you have your set ups, a terrestrial with a large rump that potentially tries to climb, increases it's risk of falling and rupturing it's abdomen.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I feed more often, but it won't hurt your T if you feed less than me.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I tend to feed every two-three days for small slings (up to 1") and once they're 1"+ I feed twice a week until they're 2.5-3". Depending on the species, I might make exceptions to this rule.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
yea i feed slings that small often. mostly because it's hot in my house and i know they get hungrier quicker

yea i feed slings that small often. mostly because it's hot in my house and i know they get hungrier quicker
but i also don't have slow growing species like yourself so idk lol

Last edited by a moderator:

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Depends upon the size of your feeder. I feed mine every 4-5 days with dubia nymphs.