Iomachus politus babies.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

yes, indeed nice pics. According to my experience I. politus babies are growing very slowly. I´ve got a brood which was born in the beginning of May and only two or three of them are 3. instar by now. Although their first molt happened relatively short after their birth (about 2 - 3 weeks).

Greetings
Alex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep, they grow pretty slow. I've had a juvenile quite some time now, and it has only moulted twice, last time a couple of days ago.
I've heard that most Hadogenes species are extreme slowgrowers too, aren't they?

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
423 said:
Yep, they grow pretty slow. I've had a juvenile quite some time now, and it has only moulted twice, last time a couple of days ago.
I've heard that most Hadogenes species are extreme slowgrowers too, aren't they?
Jupp they are slow growers, but still a very ininteresting genus. I have two of them but they never show themselves :rolleyes:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was thinking about maybe setting up a large communal setup of Hadogenes troglodytes, but I haven't made up my mind yet :rolleyes:
I'm gonna go shopping for animals this weekend so I'll just see what I end up with :) .

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hadogenes is probably one of the most UNcommunal scorps i have ever seen. but Hey, it could work... until it doesn't.

John

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice pics Lars, expecting one of mine to pop any day now to :)

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to bump this old topic back up, but I had a little discussion somewere else about how large this species gets. I've heard two sizes, 0.5 inch, or 2.5 inch.

Since you have an adult, you'd probally know, could you tell me? :?

btw, I got 4 of my own, really cool species :cool:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics Larsen,
The species (probably the genus) is iteroparous, feed well your female and she will probably give birth in 5-6 months :)
Cheers,
Eric

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WRRR! I'm jealous because my female Iomachus Politus is gravid too,and I don't have juveniles yet. Very very very nice scorps :D!

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry to interrupt you all, but this is a thread from 24th of august 2004, I only put a reaction in here to ask how large this species will get. Larsen isnt even here anymore, and the pics are almost a year old haha :rolleyes:

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics, thanks. I've always wondered what their babies looked like!

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MattM said:
I'm sorry to interrupt you all, but this is a thread from 24th of august 2004, I only put a reaction in here to ask how large this species will get. Larsen isnt even here anymore, and the pics are almost a year old haha :rolleyes:

2-2.5cm if i remember correctly

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MattM said:
Lol ;) ;)

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
TheNothing>
Thanks! That was the answer I was looking for :) Somebody who reads! haha. :D