Inwood snake den

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Went to Inwood today, its located a few km south of Narcisse in Mnitoba, Canada, which are the location of a huge number of Thamnophis sirtalis parientalis which hibernates there.

Here are some pictures (undoctored and on photobucket so they are very compressed. I will post better pix later on)

A short while on the trail to the quarry we found a few garters. Here is Kevin, Sheri and Tyler looking at a nice garter:

Closeup. The closer we came to the quarry the more snakes we found:

At the end of the trail we found some smaller mating balls:

The quarry

Found this rascal in the quarry on a trail:

After we found a smaller amount on the trail we was at The Den and thousands of snakes:

Some curios ones looking out:

Thamnophis sirtalis parientalis, really beautiful snakes

More pix on my website later on!

/Lelle

PA7R1CK

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing pictures! I love the den pictures. Thousands of snakes... simply amazing:worship: Thanks again Crotalus and Sheri.

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice finds! That made for some great photos. I wish I would have stumbled upon that spot. :)

clocker

Arachnopeon
Inwood

It's tough to stumble with Kevin on your team. :clap: Another great little road trip. You guys sure aren't afraid to travel. Nice pics both of you.
Cheers! Ian

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
awesome pics! i've never seen that many snakes all in one place...save raiders of the lost ark :D

jwasted

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is awesome! Great pics thanks for posting them up!!

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Holy crap that is allot of snakes, you wernt kidding about that place!!! that is simply amazing.

-Brandon-