1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invertory - world's first invertebrate inventory tracker (TARANTULAS TOO)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by ToxoHP, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Advertisement
    Yesterday, my girlfriend's phone flipped out for no reason and reset itself to factory... wiping EVERYTHING she had on it. Technology does this, and quite often. I have had computers fail and I have lost everything on them.

As for this "cloud" storage... I abhor the idea that any of my information (even just T records) would be stored in a "public" place. I am a very private person... I can keep paper copies secure in a way that technology never has and never will be able to accomodate.

As for a fire or flood... well, they DO make security boxes that are fireproof and waterproof if you want to go that far. Storing important paper documents in them is far more secure than anything electronic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoprince Active Member

USA
    Arachnoboards needs the popcorn emoji...

• Popcorn Popcorn x 3
  3. Torech Ungol

Torech Ungol Arachnosquire Active Member

Sure, I'll absolutely grant that a fire would cause many more problems than simply a loss of data. But, just as I wouldn't toss records of a loved one just because they died, neither would I toss records of a dead spider. That's all I was trying to say mentioning a fire. :)

4. Theneil

USA
    @EulersK

1. i meant one i can add to my post LOL.

2. How did you do that? Do some people get more ratings than others? i've s3en beer, cookie, and now popcorn ratings from other people but i don't see the option for me to rate those things. Or is it just that i am usually on my phone instead of a real computer?

• Cake Cake x 1
  5. miamc12321

miamc12321 Arachnopeon

Virginia
    Oh, my Gods, I agree with all of this. I tried to agree with your post, Teal, but it put a thumbs down. Fixed it to agree, because I absolutely agree with you!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. EulersK

EulersK Arachnonomicon Staff Member

Arachnosupporter users have access to more ratings than base users :)

7. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    The most important rating for Arachnosupporters is the facepalm. @cold blood uses it extensively and I became Arachnosupporter because I really, really needed it :p.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Theneil

USA
    So it'e my own fault for being a tightwad...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Indeed you are correct in your computer understanding. When I used the "word", "app", I meant the small programs people download on their phones.

Yes, all your disasters affect electronics AND paper, so that line of thought nets you zero.

All things being equal, what's more likely, a paper will last hundreds of years, or something will go wrong with a sever.... :rolleyes:

I've never lost a piece of paper, but I sure have lost data due to a drive crash.

I'll take paper over electronic trash any day of the week for the purpos mentioned above.

I'm not here to change your mind or vice versa. This topic has been discussed extensively between some members years ago. Nothing has changed, and nothing ever will.

Also, it's far, far, faster for me to record data on paper, than on a computer for this purpose. I can open a small notebook and write a few characters faster than entering data on a phone or computer (even if they are on hahaha).