Introduce Yourself

blackwidow13

Arachnopeon
hi,
Not only am I new to this board but I am also new to T's as well. My name is Sam and I am a 19/f from seattle Wa. I only own one spider at the moment but im i'm looking forward to getting more! I am also trying to learn as much as I can about them. so feel free to chat :)

Last edited:

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi everyone :worship: i'm marc from the philippines, new to this board.
currently own 2 species of tarantulas. b. smithi and t. blondi. looking forward to add more species to my collection.

Last edited:

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
me

(1) love for God + (1) wife + (2) sons + (1) construction business + (1) pit bull + (100+) t's + (5) roach colonies + (many) other bugs + fishing poles + garden + motorcycle + many other things =

my life

Last edited:

beano3k

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone i'm fairly new to T's but learning more everyday.:) i currently have 1 A. versicolor, 1 P. pulcher, 1 C. fasciatum, and 1 C. cyaneopubescens.

Tzitzimitl

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Tzitzimitl (points to you if you know what I'm referencing, even more if you can pronounce it :) , just call me Zee if the handle gives you trouble), from Olympia, Washington.
I've been getting into this hobby slowly, just started last year with a G. rosea, and have only recently expanded my collection to an A avic, an A. seemani, and a G. aureostriata. My three-year-old daughter helps me feed them.
Anyway, this forum looks great, and I look foreward to being a part of the community.

jd_starcat

Arachnopeon
I feel ackward posting an intro on a board I doubt I'll post on very much, but I guess its not a big deal.

My names Jade. I just turned 24 less than a week ago. I'm a mother and housewife living in Texas. My hobbies enlcude, video games (specifically those with the title Final Fantasy in them), web design, and online roleplaying.

I'm an internet addict and an anime and video game obsessie. I even named my daughter after a video game character.

I don't own any spiders, though we occasionally find wolf spiders around the house, or what I assume are wolf spiders of some type. We once found a mature Solifugae in the house, and I happened across a Solifugae spiderling in the tub once. I am thinking of getting a T eventually.. but its gonna take much thought and research, since I am /not/ a spider person.

And thats me.

Trance

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Noobie T Lover

Hello :} My names Chris i'm 23 and live in Santa Barbara, California
I recentally purchased my First T (2 days ago) a G. Rosea. Her name is Nessi. Every few words i type i have to look over to see is shes doing something new {D
I have Many Many questions, I've read all the relevant threads
still a clueless Noob :eek:
I'm off to Leave a Post in the Appropriate Section

Great to Meet You All

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well hello
My name is meagan, im 16. I live in B.C canada.../I work at an ice cream stand( i know too great). Im still broke all the time because my addiction of T's, snakes, scorpions,lizards, geckos and the whole deal basically keeps my cash flow extremely small. I live in my own house, a few acres from my folks... Lets see, hobbies.... dont really have any... im all over the place, i get bored easy so i like to try everything. The reason im writing this right now, bored out of my mind. haha well PM me if you would like to chit chat... im always up for meeting new people....
~Meagan~

LEVIS

Arachnopeon
HI

Most people call me Mick or Levis. I'm 19 years old and live in Denmark.

I’ve kept tarantulas since 1998 and my main interest lies with the Ornithoctoninae subfamily as well as a few Poecilotheria species... My blood pressure is too high and I’m getting blood-thinning medicine (due to migraines) so I try not to get bit.

Other exiting trivia:
Suffer from constant migraines and insomnia.
Fell asleep during a Papa Roach concert (they really suck).
Fell asleep in the movie theatre during Matrix: Reloaded (it really sucks).
Fell asleep in the movie theatre during Matrix: Revolutions (it really, really sucks).
Spend a lot of my time watching Marx Brothers movies, Spaced, The Fearless Vampire Killers and amusing (as well as educational) chick-flicks.
Know a lot of the cheers from the movie Bring It On by heart (the ladies love it).

There… Now you know me.

prettykill

Arachnopeon
Not so new after all

I am actually half of a duo that has been posting for quite some time, but the details are unimportant. We have a collection of tarantulas and scorpions, as well as a housefull of other multilegged friends.
T's cover every end of the personality index from dulcid (red knees, G. pulchra) to demonic (Cobalt blue, OBT), with a few shy ones thrown in (four pokies).
As for the personal details, I am fortunate enough to have married my best friend many years ago, and we are currently completing our schooling and building our life together.

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello from Mexico

Hi Tarantulas and scorpions lovers:

My hobby with exotic animals started 4 years ago, at that time I pretended to buy an iguana but the pet shop did not have any at that time, but I left the pet shop with my first chamaleon on my hands, and this brang me to buy more chams.

Then a year ago I bought my first pandinus imperator. The first time a saw one, it was back in 1993 in a shopping mall in Victoria B.C. Canada, I was so facinated with this little creature that I thingh to my self, I want to have one some day. at this time a have 3.

Then a week ago after spending lots of time searching in this great forum I deside to get my first G Rosea, shes very tinny, I think I will get a stripe knee in the near future.

Having pets brings lots of responsabilities, is not wait and see what happens, Good luck to all

Marcelo

XdreamXyouX

Arachnopeon
well, i am relatively new to this site as well as a brand new owner of a chilean rosehair :) . she was a gift to me from a friend of mine. i just hope i can be a good enough owner like he was. but i'm here so i can hopefully have some questions answered and some anxieties relieved about owning a tarantula.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I originally made a post here but it was moved to my invert list. so I copy and paste the last part lol

Now about me.
I am Mark, is 29 yrs of age , I am into drywall, I like what I do
Well been collections T's for like 2 yrs now or really close. I have 12 at this point but have more on the way along with scorpions. I do breed C. hentzi scorpions, gotten lucky with it since I am recently new with them and had learn so much in a short amount of time.
I currently living in Sw Georgia for 1o yrs now , but originally from Philly Pa. moved from there for certian reasons.
I am also into snakes, turtles , lizards and aquariums aswell. Loves anything that has to do with nature. I love to go exploring around to see what i can find and catch. It'srare that I come home empty handed, but I don't always keep what I catch. My family called me Crocodile Mark or just Crocodile, but never had one though, but go figure ehhhh....
I also have 3 cats, 2 females and 1 male, so what I have cats. I love dogs as well, just waiting for the right time to get me one and searching around for a pure white husky.

Well I would go one but if I do this it would seem like to me thatI am filling out a personal ad lol

WARNING EVERONE I DO ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS AT TIMES.
cuz how am I suppose to know if I don't even ask.
plus I like to know what I am in for before I get a certian T or Scorpions

jevans

Arachnopeon
Hey Everyone,

I started collecting Tarantulas a little over a year ago. My First T was an A. Seemani. My next T was a A. Avicularia. My next two I got at the same time. They are P. Murinus(orange) and P. Murinus(Tan). I'm not to sure that the tan one is right.

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello,

i've been keeping T's for 3 years, my first was G. rosea, then i got P. imperator, then my B. bohmei and next is B. smithi, after that who knows! :D. i'm 14, and i am me, all my friends are arachnophobes so im much of a loner, and that's basically it :p :D

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi Everyone I just Jumped Into T's!

Hi All,
My name is Dan and I live in Central Florida. I am a
newly retired Database Administrator (Oracle) and a former
Herp collector. This is mostly new to me though there are
some similariities to Herps. It's Great! Less space and less
$$$ needed.
A month and a half ago I bought 4 T's fom Botar. They
are doing well and are juveniles 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" they have had
their first moult and are in 6" by 6" by 6" jars. I am getting
ready to feed and water them now.
:D

tarpalsfan

Arachnopeon
:eek: Hi, I couldn't figure out how to introduce myself so I clicked and hoped for the best. Here goes:
female
I like beetles ect.
Star Wars stuff.
to many hobbies and intrest to mention.
thanks

Last edited:

KerstinP

Arachnopeon
Hey Ya'll My name is Kerstin, I live in Odessa Texas. I just got my first T, a A Versicolor at the Alington Reptile Expo. I've been wanting a T for a while bought didn't get to it, since we've been focusing on snakes so far. But now I finally got my will and got me a T :clap: . I'm still doing a lot of researche since I'm new to all this, but I figured out already that those "critters" r quite addictive!!!
So well here I am :)
K