Introduce Yourself

NYAN

Arachnoking
Hello, I am Widow Keeper. I am 41 years old from Seattle, Washington, USA. I am re-entering the hobby after 15 years and my husband is just starting his arachnid adventure. Currently we have four slings that just arrived a week ago. A. purpurea, L. megatheloides, C. cyaneopubescens, and L. mactans. I look forward especially to growing my widow collection and I'm looking to connect with more Latrodectus enthusiasts.
Hey! Good to see more Latrodectus keepers on here. Welcome!

Bigtom

Arachnopeon
Just signed up today, hope we all had a great day. looking forward to getting to know you all :)

cold blood

Staff member
Thank you! I was hoping to get in touch with you about some of your slings, but I'm so new I don't have the privileges yet to private message you!
Go to a profile page and click "start a conversation"....private messaging shouldn't be restricted....I suspect you were trying to respond to an ad....no one can respond to ads, you respond to the person by starting a conversation.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Go to a profile page and click "start a conversation"....private messaging shouldn't be restricted....I suspect you were trying to respond to an ad....no one can respond to ads, you respond to the person by starting a conversation.
It appears they figured it out as they are currently engaged in conversation. Still helpful cold blood, though I am confused as to how one can even try to respond to an ad.

cold blood

Staff member
I am confused as to how one can even try to respond to an ad.
Can you respond directly to a billboard, or do you contact the company that posted it? If you see an ad in the paper, do you responded to the paper, or direct to the company/seller?

Same thing applies here. Imagine the chaos if every ad turned into it's own long thread....you wouldn't even be able to find the ad......it's as simple as clicking the sellers profile and starting a conversation.

NYAN

Arachnoking
We got it figured out. I just ended up sending them a message.

David McCreary

Commander of the Universe
Just got my first T, Aphonopelma seemanni. She is a gorgeous adult female. Also just joined this board. Not sure this entry point is correct. We'll see.

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
Just got my first T, Aphonopelma seemanni. She is a gorgeous adult female. Also just joined this board. Not sure this entry point is correct. We'll see.
I'm in the exact same boat; been interested in Ts for a while, got myself an A. seemanni as well (they're so pretty, I just adore them!), and I've just joined here today. Been lurking for a decent while, though, while I researched the finer points of husbandry; once I figured I had the basic theory down, I thought - heck, I should just go for it! So I did. My lil juvie is adorable. It's fun to see someone like myself, almost 50 years your junior, starting out at exactly the same point as you! :)

Gerbear

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

I am Gerry, 36 yr old from Perth Ont.
Very new to the hobby, I've always had an interest but have finally decided to jump in!
In fact I'm so new that I haven't received my first T yet, but I have a 2" female juvie B.Albo coming on Monday! I am so excited :)
After lots of digging, that size, species, and gender seemed like the best scenario for a newbie.
After being told to ignore the care sheets, and pet store advice I have a pretty good idea for care after reading the forums here, but your feedback is always welcome as well!

David McCreary

Thank you NYAN and what an interesting 5 decade separated juxtaposition we have kaolincash, beginning our spider journey together with the same species at the same time. We should keep in touch with progress updates.

My journey began last Monday when Sue arrived, Johnny Cash has a boy named Sue and I have a girl named Sue. I had prepared a vivarium with a burrow at one end and a hide at the other. When released Sue headed for the burrow. Shortly after, I dropped a cricket at the burrow’s entrance and like a bolt of lightening she pounced and dispatched her meal while swaying side to side. I have been feeding her at the same time and she is waiting for me when I arrive. Now, when I offer her a cricket from my tweezers, she reaches out and gently removes the cricket and sways her thank you as she dines. She has never exhibited skittishness inherent with her kind, never is defensive, and shows no interest in escape. She truly is a dear.

I am considering an Eupalaestrus Campestratus as my next, it really is addictive. I may end up with a herd of zebras; it seems that there are 4 different spiders with zebra in their names.

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
Thank you NYAN and what an interesting 5 decade separated juxtaposition we have kaolincash, beginning our spider journey together with the same species at the same time. We should keep in touch with progress updates.

My journey began last Monday when Sue arrived, Johnny Cash has a boy named Sue and I have a girl named Sue. I had prepared a vivarium with a burrow at one end and a hide at the other. When released Sue headed for the burrow. Shortly after, I dropped a cricket at the burrow’s entrance and like a bolt of lightening she pounced and dispatched her meal while swaying side to side. I have been feeding her at the same time and she is waiting for me when I arrive. Now, when I offer her a cricket from my tweezers, she reaches out and gently removes the cricket and sways her thank you as she dines. She has never exhibited skittishness inherent with her kind, never is defensive, and shows no interest in escape. She truly is a dear.

I am considering an Eupalaestrus Campestratus as my next, it really is addictive. I may end up with a herd of zebras; it seems that there are 4 different spiders with zebra in their names.
Absolutely!

Acheron is a juvenile, so I don't yet know if she's female, though I hope she is. I'm saying "she" because, maybe if I hope hard enough, I'll get lucky ;)

She's not aggressive at all, hasn't done much hunting, there's still a cricket on her viv from earlier today. She's spent most of the day stuck to the wall.

I've realised that she could do with about twice as much substrate, though, so I'll be remedying that tomorrow. Gonna have my first housing-update experience! I'll see if I can get good enough lighting to take a video of it.

I've heard mixed things about A. seemanni, but so far it really is a testament to how EVERY T is different, as it seems we both have reasonably chill ones that don't bolt much.

arachdemarco

Arachnopeon
been lurking here for a while but recently got my first T so I felt validated enough to make an account haha. I'm glenn, 19 from California ! hanging ten and doing art are two of my fav hobbies, but now i can also proudly say caring for spiders is another!!

Last edited:

Ann Device

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I have lurked and asked a few questions before but now I will introduce myself! My name is Lindsay, I am 32 and I am fairly new to the hobby. With 4 wee T's and a couple of true spiders. Looking forward to sharing information and getting to know some of you :3

AnitaTC

Arachnopeon
Heyas! I've just signed up and wanted to start with an intro. I'm Anita, a T and reptile keeper of 6 years in the Seattle area. It's only been about 2 years that I've started keeping some of the more advanced species. It's been an awesome experience so far. I'm really looking to up my skills as I continue to learn and hopefully have some insights to offer up in return. I currently have 52 tarantulas and 2 scorpions.

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I have lurked and asked a few questions before but now I will introduce myself! My name is Lindsay, I am 32 and I am fairly new to the hobby. With 4 wee T's and a couple of true spiders. Looking forward to sharing information and getting to know some of you :3
Is your username a Good Omens reference?! :O

David M Wood

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi David here. I've just got back into the hobby after having a few problems in my life but back keeping tarantulas again. I've got 1r in total so fare and enjoying every minute of them all. 8 regalis living together all from Same egg sack about 2.5 to 3 cm in size only just got them this evening....

David McCreary

Heyas! I've just signed up and wanted to start with an intro. I'm Anita, a T and reptile keeper of 6 years in the Seattle area. It's only been about 2 years that I've started keeping some of the more advanced species. It's been an awesome experience so far. I'm really looking to up my skills as I continue to learn and hopefully have some insights to offer up in return. I currently have 52 tarantulas and 2 scorpions.
Welcome Anita. I am sure that you have much to offer. I just started in this hobby with a splendid adult female A. seemanni and am looking forward to learning more and growing my collection of one. It is hard to imagine having a herd of 52 Ts. That must keep you busy.

VenomousHive

Arachnopeon
Hi all, my name is Zeny. Im from West Java Indonesia. I have 10 tarantula, 5 scorpion, 1 centipede, and 4 spider as my pet. Sorry if im talking not too much, because my English speech is bad :(
Thank you so much for all member and all moderator in this forums, i love this forum.

David McCreary

Some people would say that it is odd for people to keep venomous animals as pets but what is an arachnophobic to do?

Some people would say that it is odd for people to keep venomous animals as pets but what is an arachnophobic to do?
Woops, I misspoke! That is arachnophile - not arachnophobic. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator: