Introduce Yourself

Frazam

Arachnosquire
Hey all, long time lurker here. I'm 39yo from the Philippines and looking to return to this hobby. Been taking care of exotics since I was in high school, had myself some pythons, iguanas, chameleons, piranhas, scorpions, and a lot in between. Had to stop when I got married, but now I'm back :D

Anyway, I'm starting out with what I know (scorps mostly), and looking to get into inverts more, hence my joining here. I currently have two 3i longimanus (longimanii?) and five r. Junceus (one 3i and four 4i). I've seven Lychas (marmoreus or mucronatus, not sure. Made a thread asking help identifying them) coming in next week as well.

Looking to get into Ts as well. The cobalt blue looks pretty, but I know nothing about Ts so I hope to learn a lot from you guys :)

Beardedfraggle

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I'm Jamie aka beardedfraggle (I have fraggle rock tattoos and a beard). I'm new to the hobby currently have a male Brachypelma albopilosum and an ever increasing wishlist of T's.

XxDrrnJmwnxX

Arachnopeon
Hello guys im Darren Jumawan :) and im from Ph i got a couple of T and a scorpion. I got a youtube channel Drrn Jmwn that's all about inverts you can check it if you want i already got a couple of vids :) thanks a lot

Flashback

Arachnosquire
Hi, my name is Jay & Im new here. I don’t have a tarantula yet, but for the past week or so, I’ve been doing a lot of research and really want one. I’ve been to two reptile stores This week and spent some time talking to the employees there.

I wanted to handle one, felt a little nervous/apprehensive, so I didn’t, but hope to try in the next day or so.

I am hoping to find a pink zebra beauty based on what I’ve read. I originally was thinking of the rose hair, until I did a little more research & heard they can be moody. If I can’t find a pink zebra, I think a curly hair would be docile.

Anyway, this seems like a friendly and knowledgeable board, and hope to learn a lot here!

FiveseveN

Arachnopeon
Hi all!

My name is Dave and obviously new to the site, I have currently just purchased my first house and this now means I can get my first T! I currently have a Green Iguana who's going strong at 14!

Im a big gamer and love all animals I have to be honest I never thought I would get a T but over the last few months I have been reading up on them and watching crazy amounts of YouTube as my friend got a couple and I wanted to be able to talk to him about them, and guess what I now find them absolutely amazing and have in a way fallen for them, I really cant see me stopping at 1 haha.

Anyway I have decided that I will be going for a Juvenile Nhandu Chromatus.

I look forward to hanging out here in the forums and speaking to all of you.

Julien NKS

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody !

Glad to finally join the community after years of collecting useful information and enjoying gorgeous pictures around here !

Unfortunately I won't be able to participate much in the "keeping & breeding" topics as I live in Reunion Island (Indian Ocean) where tarantulas & scorpions are strictly forbidden - the island is quite isolated with a high level of endemism and very few outside species are allowed to be imported. I once kept some tarantulas when I lived in Europe but I had to sell/give them when I moved (heartbreaking moment) and I definitely miss the big hairy spiders. My all time favorites are Psalmopoeus and Avicularia species (love those fuzzy legs ^ ^).

Anyway I try to find Ts in their natural habitat while travelling to various rainforests to satisfy my vice (and I can share practical information about them if needed).

Cheers :)

Kaervek

Arachnopeon
Evening, name is Marcus down in Florida. Been following the world of T's for several months after I caught my four year old daughter watching an un-boxing on Youtube... First reaction was "wha!?" A minute later we were subscribing to T channels. Just got my first two (adult pinktoe and brazilian blue sling). We stumbled on these boards, which isn't hard to do once you type the letter T into the search engine, so here we are. Appreciate the community's passion and knowledge so far and look forward to the board being my new homepage while we continue studying.

Debra

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Well, I’m not an insect enthusiast and spiders freak me out, yet here I am with a bearded dragon more and more obsessed with breeding Dubia Roaches.
Much of my research on feeding breeders and feeders has led me here. Well, I have had questions and figured if I was going to be on the forums I may as well join. It’s a lot easier to ask a question than hope it gets answered.
I know a lot of the threads I have been reading are older so I may be starting a new one. It’s hard to tell if new posts to old threads get a lot of feedback. I look forward to learning from you guys! Maybe there’s an off hand chance I have information you don’t. Not saying I know more. Just don’t want to be a taker.

Last edited by a moderator:

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Well, I’m not an insect enthusiast and spiders freak me out, yet here I am with a bearded dragon more and more obsessed with breeding Dubia Roaches.
Much of my research on feeding breeders and feeders has led me here. Well, I have had questions and figured if I was going to be on the forums I may as well join. It’s a lot easier to ask a question than hope it gets answered.
I know a lot of the threads I have been reading are older so I may be starting a new one. It’s hard to tell if new posts to old threads get a lot of feedback. I look forward to learning from you guys! Maybe there’s an off hand chance I have information you don’t. Not saying I know more. Just don’t want to be a taker.
Hi Debra, welcome to Arachnoboards :)! Hope you find out all you need to know about feeders.

itsy bitsy spider

Arachnopeon
hi everyone! im kyly from ohio!
my momma kept tarantulas all through my youth, and ive had a few over the years that were unwanted and "gifted" to me, but now. now...... ive got the itch. im up over 40, and theres no end in sight! its like i gotta have them all!

Inktomi2

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I've been lurking these boards for a little bit now, looking for information. It all started when my girlfriend got an Avicularia Avicularia (pink toe T) from a petsmart. This past fathers day. We then started doing some research into T's and found the Lasiodora parahybana was something I was interested in for myself. We picked a juvi up at a local reptile show. Then I was "just browsing" in a Petsmart and got myself a Striped Knee (Aphonopelma seemanni).

Seems that I might be moving too quickly into the hobby, but I enjoy it.

As time goes on I'd like to upload pictures of my setups and my T's. I converted a 5gal tank into an arboreal tank for the Avicularia. Feedback is always welcome from long-term hobbyists and even newbies like myself.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!