Introduce Yourself

Arachnofreak36

Arachnopeon
Hey there my names Greg from Ontario, Canada. New to the board. Used to collect snakes, mostly constrictor species. Had myself a nice collection before my son was born & I've also owned 1 or 2 T's & a few scorpions over the years..My son is a little older now so I've decided to get back into the arachnid side of things. I've always had a love for spiders or anything crawley tbh lol.

I've just acquired a 1/2" C. Versicolor, a 1/2" T. Gigas & a 3/4" P. Irminia. So excited to be back in the hobby & watch them grow :)

Sazzy

Arachnopeon
Hehooooo, Sazzy from Chicago here. I've been raising and collecting fascinating freaks for 15 years now, but somehow, I've never signed up on the boards here yet. Look forward to meeting new folks and learning from each other! Currently, I've only got one sweet little old lady, a g. rosea named Mrs. Miggins. However over the years I've had quite a collection, including some scorpions and millipedes. I've raised a few avicularia from babies, that was a great learning experience.

Well, see y'all inside!

EvanWest

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

Im a engineering student from Michigan and my main hobby is growing coral and keeping saltwater fish. However I have a spare 10 gallon tank sitting around and wanted something different and simple to keep in it. I think I have settled on a T.

Mr Centipede

Arachnopeon
Hi this is my first post, all my life I've loved bugs all my life and recently my glorious scarab just became a beetle and that is why I am here.

mocean

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I've been rescuing and rehabilitating animals for many years, but am now caring for a Tarantula, for the first time, ever. I wanted to learn more about her/him and her/his proper care and feeding and discovered this wonderful site. I'm happy to be here and hope to become a worthy and contributing member.

Thank you.

mocean

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Hiya everyone.

New to these boards, and the arachnid hobby. I've recently got a new friend in the form of a ghost ornamental sling. I've been looking forward to having a tarantula for many years, and I've now fulfilled that lifelong dream. My other pets include 2 snakes, which is another dream fulfilled.

I look forward to sharing this adventure, as well as many others, with the members of these boards.

KKE X

Arachn0Boy217

Arachnopeon
Hellooo!

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and finally decided to sign up.

My name is Toni, im from Cape Town, South Africa. I have recently found interest in Arachnids and already own 3. this forum has helped me with everything thus far.

Keep up the good work here, im sure you have assisted alot of people who really needed the helping hand or info for their new pets.

Gemsbok

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. My name is Shaun, I am from South Africa and after waiting patiently for almost a year I got my first 2 tarantulas yesterday.
I am new to the hobby and care a great deal for animals.

I just want to already thank all the members of this community for helping each other so well and that together you share a collective brilliance of information between you all, and I would like to learn from that.

wildpathres

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm a vet path resident and I have a B.valgans that keeps me curious. I'm interested in learning more about invert diseases, because they're awesome and I regret not being taught more invert medicine in school.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hi, I'm a vet path resident and I have a B.valgans that keeps me curious. I'm interested in learning more about invert diseases, because they're awesome and I regret not being taught more invert medicine in school.
It would be great to have some more knowledgeable veterinarians around. Most don't seem to know much about our eight-legged friends.

SneakersMom84

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody! I've been lurking here for a solid year now, lol, and finally decided to join. I'm pretty new to owning tarantulas, so don't mind me if I've got tons of questions!

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Hello! I've been a lurker here for a while too. I like spiders, but I don't have any as true pets. A couple of Steatoda bipunctata have decided to live here with me, though, so I call them my "neighbours" instead of "pets". They are friendly and have different personalities. :) I also love jumping spiders, or "hoppies" as I call them.

SneakersMom84

Arachnopeon
Hello! I've been a lurker here for a while too. I like spiders, but I don't have any as true pets. A couple of Steatoda bipunctata have decided to live here with me, though, so I call them my "neighbours" instead of "pets". They are friendly and have different personalities. :) I also love jumping spiders, or "hoppies" as I call them.
Oh, that's cool too! I have some Cellar Spiders that I cohabitate with as well, lol. I love jumping spiders too, I think they're adorable :D

Rachelle

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Rachelle, I'm 28 and I professionally yell at cops for a living. I'm thinking about starting a T collection since I've wanted to for a while. I'll be doing a lot of stalking to learn what I can before stepping into this addiction. =D

Tylor

Arachnopeon
hi there im Tylor, im 18 and i actually have a huge fear of spiders, but i kinda wanna try keeping small spiders to see if i can get over that fear :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
hi there im Tylor, im 18 and i actually have a huge fear of spiders, but i kinda wanna try keeping small spiders to see if i can get over that fear :)
Jumping spiders are the ambassadors of the spider world.

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Hi! =D Jumping spiders helped me get over my severe arachnophobia! They are amazing, so cute, intelligent and curious. I read lots about them, watched videos and looked at pics. They really opened up a new world for me to explore and enjoy. Then I started learning about other spiders and they are all interesting. Even some "ugly" ones are cute or "derpy-cute" in my eyes now. ^^ I have three small spiders living with me now. One of them is my avatar. :) Good luck and have fun!

tincan1999

Arachnopeon
Actually just saw this and realized I should introduce myself. My name is Camille, I live just outside of Baltimore and I am (obviously) brand new to the hobby. I have been coming onto this site a ton in the past 8 or so months just to learn some stuff & see pictures of people’s T’s, and now that I have one of my own I made an account so I could frantically ask everyone questions. Glad to be here!!

Russette

Arachnopeon
Hi. New to the forums.
Currently I don't have any tarantulas but I'm hoping to get some soon. Joined the boards for research purposes.