Introduce Yourself

FluffySpider

Arachnopeon
<3
Hello everyone. I come from Poland and I've known this forum for a long time :). Only now registered... and I don't know why so late. I LOVE tarantulas. They give me similar emotions like hamsters, fluffy bunnies and other furry animals.
I've been keeping Ts for about 18 years. In fact, this has long been a family hobby.
Believe it or not but once I left my home town to do my Bachelors, Masters and PhD (molecular biology), my mom didn't let me take my tarantulas with me. Yeah, she's been so addicted to those beasties as well...

I bought my first T when I was twelve. In old good times it was called Brachypelma smithi, now hamori. To avoid any confusion, we were calling her Bumblebee. Her purchase was quickly followed up by some new additions of the OW species. And so it went. As I lived in a very small town where the most exciting thing is perhaps having a beer by the river, I started organizing some local communities and introducing them to the hobby (cultural events, local expos, radio interviews). I was so surprised, that after 12 years of my absence at home, most of my folks are still in the hobby! <tears of pride>

In December our little Bumblebee passed away, having lived for 18 years. Mom was sad, so I quickly contacted the guy who I had introduced to the hobby many years ago. He sold me some cute A. geniculata female which became my mom's fav.

Me... I settled down in a town far away from my place of birth, got some nice job. I live with my girlfriend and two dogs. I decided it was a great time to restart my collection at my own place. At that time we were living with a guy who happened to also be a landlord. I must say, he was very convincing at playing panicked when I quietly mentioned about my plans to get some of these beautiful animals.

As you might imagine, there was no choice...
We moved out to a tarantula-friendly zone. I'm ready to start again! :)

But for now, I'd like to say hi to everyone.
Well I already like you because mushrooms are also one of my favorite things. Get yourself a cute mushroom avatar! Have you bought any Ts yet or which ones you want to get?

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
Hey all, my name is Heather and I'm not new to this forum but since I'm getting back into the hobby again I decided to make an account and get back in touch with my true love, inverts. A breakup last year forced me to sell my entire collection of both T's and scorpions. In due time I plan on getting most of what I had in my collection back and going back to breeding and selling. For the time being I'm taking a different route of scorpions but will eventually get some T's again in the near future ^_^

Mushroom

Arachnopeon
Well I already like you because mushrooms are also one of my favorite things. Get yourself a cute mushroom avatar! Have you bought any Ts yet or which ones you want to get?
Hahah! Yes, will do. Such avatar is a good idea. For starters I’ve ordered a tiny GBB (my girlfriend’s fav) and Ceratogyrus darlingi. Then, I plan to get some arboreals as well (perhaps pokies or Caribena).

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Hey all, my name is Heather and I'm not new to this forum but since I'm getting back into the hobby again I decided to make an account and get back in touch with my true love, inverts. A breakup last year forced me to sell my entire collection of both T's and scorpions. In due time I plan on getting most of what I had in my collection back and going back to breeding and selling. For the time being I'm taking a different route of scorpions but will eventually get some T's again in the near future ^_^
What was you previous screen-name?
And West Virginia, huh? Don't see many keepers on here from there.

FluffySpider

Arachnopeon
Hahah! Yes, will do. Such avatar is a good idea. For starters I’ve ordered a tiny GBB (my girlfriend’s fav) and Ceratogyrus darlingi. Then, I plan to get some arboreals as well (perhaps pokies or Caribena).
I'd like to get some arboreals as well. Not sure I can handle pokies though :(

m0ther0fspiders

Arachnopeon
Hi friends!!
Victoria, 22, and from Charlotte, NC. New to the world of Ts!! I've been interested for quite a while but finally got my first (of many more to come) tarantula. An Aphonopelma Chalcodes, Arizona Blonde, named Aragog. Excited to see everyone else's beautiful creatures and learn all I can about other genus and species.

Krysta

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone Iam new to this myself Iam a proud owner of an pink toe in pretty sure he’s an boy!! His teeth are still pretty pink still after his recent molt over the weekend he looks so good when would it be safe for him to eat??

7C0CCC26-82EA-4638-B3B0-3294D0C28C85.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Hello everyone Iam new to this myself Iam a proud owner of an pink toe in pretty sure he’s an boy!! His teeth are still pretty pink still after his recent molt over the weekend he looks so good when would it be safe for him to eat??
Give him 10 days to two weeks.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Wait until the fangs turn black. If they are still red or brown, they are soft and are more likely to break.

These two threads contain helpful information:

If you have any other questions, feel free to start a thread in Tarantula Questions and Discussions.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'm back on the forums after a 4 year hibernation.. My name's Douglas Ples. I have bred these beast since 2011 with moderate success and unspoken failure. Glad to be here and I'm looking forward to the downward spiral into the world wide thunderdome web that is arachnoboards.com muahaha:banghead::D

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I'm back on the forums after a 4 year hibernation.. My name's Douglas Ples. I have bred these beast since 2011 with moderate success and unspoken failure. Glad to be here and I'm looking forward to the downward spiral into the world wide thunderdome web that is arachnoboards.com muahaha:banghead::D
Welcome back Douglas!

glamourgay

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I'm Olivia, 20, from northeast Texas. I've studied and assisted in the care of exotics for most of my life, and have personally kept a few native species of true spiders with success over the last four years. My personal collection is limited to one female L. mactans at the moment, but I'm looking forward to expanding and caring for a T of my own!

coniontises

Arachnosquire
Hello all.

I have been on Beetleforum and Roachforum for ages, but I have finally decided to try Arachnoboards after being talked into it.

Some of you may recognize me in the above areas as AlexW.

zoogirl

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! Guess I better introduce myself :) My name is Marti and I am new to the world of T's. My husband got me into it after begging for years to get one. I was terrified at first but now, I love them! Our zoo consists of a dog, a cat, 2 fish tanks, 2 dumpy tree frogs, a chameleon, a bearded dragon and 4 T's with 5 more on the way. We have 2 A. Avics, 1 Aphonopelma seemanni, and 1 very mean, fast cobalt blue ( I don't know the scientific name for her, she is my husband's and I let him take care of her, she's scary!) I have an Avicularia Versicolor, a Brachypelma hamorii, a Grammastola pulchripes and rosea, and a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens on the way, hopefully getting here Tuesday or Wednesday.