Introduce Yourself

Rainer Etsweiler

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I recently was finally able to get a tarantula and am very excited to join the hobby and forum. I am almost 21 years old, and have wanted a tarantula since I was in about 1st grade. I was never allowed to have one but years later after coming across a tarantula video on youtube not too long ago my interests were instantly spiked. I instantly fell in love with the B. Smithi (which I'm sure you all are as well) and attended 3 reptile/exotic pet expos hoping to acquire one. However I was not able to find one, and did some research online about how you can order off the web. I saw very skeptical but I ended up with my Brachypelma Boehmei juv. (2 1/2 inch) I purchased recently from Tanya at Fear not tarantulas and couldn't be more pleased. He has super stunning colors and thought I would share. I am not looking to grow my collection anymore than Dwight, (my Boehmei) but would love some information and tips on care for him. He seems very happy after non stop exploring his new home the past few days. It seemed as though he thought he was an arboreal on his first day as he just wanted to climb everything haha. He is very docile and friendly even though I have no handled him (and do not plan on it). He so far as chowed down one cricket and i plan to feed him again in a few days. As I previously stated tips and tricks would be appreciated. Cheers!
image1.PNG

Attachments

louise f

Arachnoangel
Oh wow awesome and thanks for the welcome, I guess I should introduce myself!
My name is Mark and I run a Board Game/card game (99% magic the gathering) in Tyler Texas. I found 3 adult A.Hentzi (1 female and 2 mature males) in a park that was being cleared in the middle of my city and surrounded by traffic about a year ago. Caring for them and a bearded dragon led me to a reptile show where I saw the vast variety of Ts in person and was hooked! I sold my most valuable personal Magic The Gathering deck and I now have 83 Ts, a few true spiders, a few scorpions, some mantises, and a vinegaroon!
No problem. Hope you like it here. I'm glad you got into the hobby. It's the most precious hobby imo.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Just thought I'd add a pic of my new arrival here, thanks for indulging a proud papa ;) Yes, he/she is playing in the dirt, typical kid :D
Fuzzy2.jpg

Haitian Joe

Arachnopeon
Hope I'm in the right place. Hey everyone I'm Joseph I'm from Los Angeles ca I've always like tarantulas but never really know much bout them an that's how I ended up with my. Grammostola rosea but I love her

Attachments

BwR11

Arachnopeon
Hi! I've been creeping on the forum for about a month now. A big thanks to everyone who contributed to these threads. You've helped out me out a lot!

Research is a good thing. A wonderful thing. But I learn best by doing. The other day I bought a 1" P. Regalis and a 0.5" GBB. Tiny little things. Very excited.

The P. Regalis ate right away. I think the GBB might be in premolt becuase it refused yesterday and it's been sitting above its water all day. I dribbled some water on the substrate just in case.

Vnhunter

Arachnopeon
I figured I'd introduce myself bored at work so figured why not. I'm mostly a lurker i have no real knowledge to share but I like to learn and love animals especially arachnids. I'm also a fan of anime and manga hence the profile pic and name.

If I one day decide to try and keep one of these lovely creatures at least I know, I'll have all of you friendly and helpful people to help me along. Seriously you guys are awesome :)

I may chime in a bit more instead of lurk. Sadly won't be husbandry or anything like that.

BwR11

Arachnopeon
If it's less than one inch, it's OK to moisten the substrate a bit. Don't make it sopping wet, just slightly damp in one area.
Thank you. I appreciate it. Yeah, maybe in my excitement I over did it, just a little. I will let the vial dry then I will get it right.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
He is one of the worst keepers in the hobby. I have very little respect for him. Never would I support some one who keeps tarantulas like him.
I know he comes across as being a bit condescending (teacher) but why do you have a lack of respect for him and why do you feel he's such a bad keeper of T's?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
He`s a cool you tuber and also a great companion here on the boards. <3 Here his name is @petkokc and i think he will be happy too see you wrote that <3 :)
And welcome btw. :)
Yeah the Dark Den is quite cool, but tarantulaguy1976's channel has one of the coolest vids ever, his P. Metallica laying an egg sac, from start to finish, a must see for all tarantula lovers.

bandit1994

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Chad but I prefer bandit and I just got my first tarantula a pink toe and I will be getting more I hope

coldcase

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Oliver.

I'm from Montreal Canada and I'm in the research phase before getting my first T. Spending a lot of time reading here and watching youtube to be as informed as I can before pulling the trigger.

Been keeping geckos for more than a decade now. I have 4X Rhacodactylus Leachianus (leachies), 2 X Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Gargoyles) 1 X Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Crested Gecko) and 1 X Eublepharis macularius (Leopard Gecko).

Looking forward to venture into the world of Tarantulas!!!

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
Hi, I'm Emilio.

I am from Massachusetts and I am studying to be a Herpetologist and Arachnologist.
I recently started keeping Tarantulas as a hobby, and I am in love to say the least.
I'm still new, so I only have 5 T's currently, but I also keep reptiles so it's a packed house lol.
My collection includes:

-Yakuza (Harpactira Pulchripes sling)
-Muffet (Caribena Versicolor sling)
-Gohma (Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black sling)
-Velvet (Female Grammostola Rosea)
-Ivy (Female Grammostola Porteri)

I am hoping to add a Gooty Sapphire Ornamental and a Mexican Red-Leg at some point.

I can't wait to expand my collection, and to delve deeper into this incredible hobby