1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by Arachnoboards, May 16, 2005.

1. Advertisement
    image1.PNG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

No problem. Hope you like it here. I'm glad you got into the hobby. It's the most precious hobby imo.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Livote

Michael Livote Arachnopeon

Just thought I'd add a pic of my new arrival here, thanks for indulging a proud papa ;) Yes, he/she is playing in the dirt, typical kid :D
    Fuzzy2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Haitian Joe

Haitian Joe Arachnopeon

Hope I'm in the right place. Hey everyone I'm Joseph I'm from Los Angeles ca I've always like tarantulas but never really know much bout them an that's how I ended up with my. Grammostola rosea but I love her

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnobaron Active Member

Ha, she covered herself in dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BwR11

BwR11 Arachnopeon

Hi! I've been creeping on the forum for about a month now. A big thanks to everyone who contributed to these threads. You've helped out me out a lot!

Research is a good thing. A wonderful thing. But I learn best by doing. The other day I bought a 1" P. Regalis and a 0.5" GBB. Tiny little things. Very excited.

The P. Regalis ate right away. I think the GBB might be in premolt becuase it refused yesterday and it's been sitting above its water all day. I dribbled some water on the substrate just in case.

7. Ungoliant

No need to moisten a GBB's substrate; a water dish will suffice. (GBBs come from an arid peninsula in Venezuela.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Vnhunter

Vnhunter Arachnopeon

I figured I'd introduce myself bored at work so figured why not. I'm mostly a lurker i have no real knowledge to share but I like to learn and love animals especially arachnids. I'm also a fan of anime and manga hence the profile pic and name.

If I one day decide to try and keep one of these lovely creatures at least I know, I'll have all of you friendly and helpful people to help me along. Seriously you guys are awesome :)

I may chime in a bit more instead of lurk. Sadly won't be husbandry or anything like that.

9. BwR11

BwR11 Arachnopeon

Yeah! That's what I heard. I also read that slings do better if it's a bit moist.
    I will let it dry out then adjust.

10. Ungoliant

In general, slings do better on slightly damp substrate, but a GBB sling can be kept dry earlier, starting at about 1".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. BwR11

BwR11 Arachnopeon

It's not. Yet!!!

Attached Files:

12. Ungoliant

If it's less than one inch, it's OK to moisten the substrate a bit. Don't make it sopping wet, just slightly damp in one area.

13. BwR11

BwR11 Arachnopeon

Thank you. I appreciate it. Yeah, maybe in my excitement I over did it, just a little. I will let the vial dry then I will get it right.

14. mconnachan

mconnachan Arachnopeon Active Member

I know he comes across as being a bit condescending (teacher) but why do you have a lack of respect for him and why do you feel he's such a bad keeper of T's?

15. mconnachan

mconnachan Arachnopeon Active Member

Yeah the Dark Den is quite cool, but tarantulaguy1976's channel has one of the coolest vids ever, his P. Metallica laying an egg sac, from start to finish, a must see for all tarantula lovers.

• Love Love x 1
  16. bandit1994

bandit1994 Arachnopeon

Hi I'm Chad but I prefer bandit and I just got my first tarantula a pink toe and I will be getting more I hope

• Like Like x 2
  17. coldcase

coldcase Arachnopeon

Hi, I'm Oliver.

I'm from Montreal Canada and I'm in the research phase before getting my first T. Spending a lot of time reading here and watching youtube to be as informed as I can before pulling the trigger.

Been keeping geckos for more than a decade now. I have 4X Rhacodactylus Leachianus (leachies), 2 X Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Gargoyles) 1 X Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Crested Gecko) and 1 X Eublepharis macularius (Leopard Gecko).

Looking forward to venture into the world of Tarantulas!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hi, I'm Emilio.

I am from Massachusetts and I am studying to be a Herpetologist and Arachnologist.
    I recently started keeping Tarantulas as a hobby, and I am in love to say the least.
    I'm still new, so I only have 5 T's currently, but I also keep reptiles so it's a packed house lol.
    My collection includes:

-Yakuza (Harpactira Pulchripes sling)
    -Muffet (Caribena Versicolor sling)
    -Gohma (Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black sling)
    -Velvet (Female Grammostola Rosea)
    -Ivy (Female Grammostola Porteri)

I am hoping to add a Gooty Sapphire Ornamental and a Mexican Red-Leg at some point.

I can't wait to expand my collection, and to delve deeper into this incredible hobby

• Like Like x 2
  19. Teacher Murray

Teacher Murray Arachnopeon

This young Lasiodora is adjusting to new home just fine. When the light comes on, she perches.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:17 PM
  20. Teacher Murray

Teacher Murray Arachnopeon

My name is Shane. I teach biology in Oklahoma. I find this place is full of great info. I hope to be here a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1