Introduce Yourself

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Newbie to the site

hey all...i suppose i should do as it says and introduce myself. I'm james i'm 22 from Indiana. I work full time as a paramedic which i love doing, i'm married to a wonderfull girl who is extremely patient with me and my "babies". i would like to thank everyone for posting such usefull information. thanks

Orb Weaver

Arachnopeon
Hi Arachnoboards,

my name is Christian and I am from Germany (a city named Kamen, near Dortmund, if anybody knows). I am 26 years old and I am currently studying computer science. I also used to work as a programmer until I started to study.

I am not married nor do I have offspring, but I do live in a long time relationship (11 years).

I acquired my first 8-legged pal about 8 months ago.

I came across this board while googling for arachnoinfos, since I am a spider freak. My join date was 01-05-2005. I don't post much, but read a lot.

Russ Thomas

Arachnopeon
Hi Folks,

I am Russ.I am here because I hate scorpions!.......read,hated scorpions ! :confused: I have been reading these pages for a while now and of course have gotten totally immersed in these little critters.I have become totally fascinated by scorpions and cannot wait to get my own,probably the first of many as has been pointed out! {D
Probably the first will be a little red claw that I have seen and then will come the 'Emperor'....... :razz:

Thanks for a great forum and for the great source of valuable information, thanks guys and gals !

Regards,

Russ

T1gers

Arachnopeon
My T's

Hey. I have 4 tarantulas they are Metalica Pinktoe, Redrump, B.Smithy and Pampas Black. I know a fair bit about them all apart from the pampas black i cant find any information on this type. I have been told that it is like a chiliean rose or a Brazilian Black.

Can anyone help me? any advise on the Pampas black would be great full.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Hiya folks!

Some on here know me by my real name... that's most people I've sent a pm... At times I can be a bit silly.

Hm... I'm born the same year Picasso died... erm... If I'm good enough at university might become a language teacher some day... hmmm :? I wear glasses which constantly get smeared by my fatty fingers... I wanna cut my long hair soon... and... :? my bed is 45cm high. If I buy some I can usually drink several liters of milk in one day.. hm. What more?

The arctic circle is only about 200 km away, I speak neither of the two neighbouring countries languages but I understand the one spoken to the west.
I have a cat, snakes, scorpions, common spiders, tarantulas, cockroaches, mites and pillbugs (I love them all dearly and usually in the evening I even go and tuck in all the mites)...

Oh, I almost forgot! The light in the kitchen is on and I have no bathtub!

Last edited:

PinkNailPolish

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello. I'm Jackie. I live in CA. I had tarantulas for a few years, but it's been a while now. I'm currently expecting a spiderling Brachypelma smithi who is due to hatch from the egg sack sometime this summer. I also want to get a few others, but I haven't decided yet. Well, it's nice to be here. I'll be posting quite a bit. :)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Jackie glad to see you joined. You will finds tons of info here heck you may even find the spider you can't think of ;) Well I will see ya on AOL and the Boards :D

VoodooFuneral

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bluethunder said:
I am a newbie to this board...but not to my favorite "critters". I have always been fasinated by spiders, herps, bugs etc. I live just outside of Los Angeles, CA. My current stock is 1 blue tounge skink and my "prize" an adult T. Blondi. She is a real killer and chows down on mice like they were gumdrops. I got this beauty from a garbage man for BFI. Believe it or not, he found it in a dumpster about a year ago. It had been there at least several weeks...still living in the broken terrarium that was it's home. It has had 2 molts since then and is about 8 inches. I paid the garbage man 10 bucks for it. She is very healthy now and impressive. Look for me to post a pic of it in the near future.

Hi Blue Thunder- Thank you and your friend for rescuing this living creature. It restores my faith in people, whom I normally hate in general. :) But that's another thread. :D Glad she's okay and HUGE. :clap:

armand

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hi guys! I'm new to the T. world and would surely benefit from all your expertise.
I have two t.s-a Brachypelma Vegan and a Chilian Rosehair. Both are wonderful girls and I love them both. I live in New Mexico and have never had the opportunity to have any spiders till now.
Both were trades for other animals I had and they are both adults. One question I have that I was not seeing on the beginner questions was this- my redrump started to molt this morning and I wondered how long it normally takes for an adult to complete the molt? She is completely motionless right now.

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Hey All,

This thread is ONLY for introductions. Please post questions in the appropriate forum and please post your lists in the appropriate thread.

Thanks and WELCOME to all our new members! :)

The Arachnoboards Team

Heartfang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
About me!

Hello everyone!

I am currently seventeen and live in Hollister, California. I am currently working as a tutor for kids that are having trouble in school. My interests include tarantula collecting, building computers, and playing video games. Lots and lots of video games! Ahem... In the future, I hope to attend a four year college and get a degree in business and accounting. Then I hope to attend a police academy until I am ready to become what I have wanted to be since I was four years old... a police officer.

Well, I think that's all I have to tell you for now. If you have any questions, just PM me!

Last edited:

mbthorman

Arachnopeon
Introduction

I think my profile describes me. I'm interested in arthropods in general. My blog is slowly taking shape and I'm learning HTML. Hope soon to get a photoblog and then a website. But we still lose electricity several times a day and (lately) water almost all day and the telephone lines are slow, noisy, old with antique switching and relay equipment so time on-line gets difficult. I'm running out of room for my cockroaches. Two very large species - the giant Peruvian cockroach (A. tesselata) and an as yet unidentified burrowing roach. Need to sell some of these guys or they will wind up as feeders for my pet coatimundi, Nelly. Anyone want some neat giant cockroaches? Cheap! But you need to pay shipping costs from Costa Rica.

chi

SqueakMaan

Arachnopeon
And Now Introducing SqueakMaan

Hi all, I only recently joined the hobby when someone left a spider on my desk at work. Though I have always been interested in spiders and other arachnids. I'm 19 years old and about to go into my third year at Radford University, where I am majoring in Biology. Unfortunatey, spider, among many others, are not allowed to be kept in the dormitories; so it may be a while before I am able to get a T of my own.

Psoulocybe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm a bit new here, though I've lurked for a long long time.

I used to keep some Ts back in the day, and today am ordering some stuff from swifty.

I used to keep mostly Poecilotheria species.

Thanks for the cool site.

N!Nj4_M!k3

Arachnopeon
Howdy Yall

howdy yall,

My name's Mike I'm 17, and I hail from the Lone Star State of Texas. No, i dont have horses.
i've been interested in all sorts or insects since i was little, but thanks to parents who were afraid of spiders, scorpions, or anything else that looked angry and was a bug, my bug collecting days were few and far between.

I'm new to the forum scene, but not to keeping insects. But as they say, we only know something, when we realize we know nothing.

or something like that.
Here are my babies:
2 Emperor Scorpions
1 Usambara Baboon
1 Goliath Bird Eater
1 Giant African Millipede
3 Female Blackwidows
1 Texas Striped Centipede (made up name, i just found it outside and have no idea what it is. :} )

and hopefully soon i'll have 2 specimins of the Smeringurus Mesaenis (Dune Scorpion) the true white-light blue Arizona variety (cant wait!)

I'm real excited to be a part of such a large group of people and hope to learn as much as i can help.

jay_zonx

Arachnopeon
hi all...

im jason. 25 years old. living in malaysia. i currently have

2 zebras, 2 rose hair, 2 redknee, 1 trap door spider, 1 mexican fireleg, 1 thailand black. getting versicolour and t.blondi this month hopefully. hahaha!

glad to know u guys. im sure i can learn alot from u guys. im a newbie! :?

kev

Arachnopeon
wassup?

wassup people?

i have just getting into keeping scorpion?a
Hairy Desert Scorpion - Hadrurus arizonensis i getting (ANY INFO,EQUIPMENT NEEDED, WELCOME?)

my name is,kevin, i live in south wales,greatbritian,uk?

this site looks a really good one?so lets see what's what?as i new to scorpions???? :

see you all later people?? ;P

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aloha.

Asphyxia's ma nick, as you all can see. Rl name's Claudia.
Rather new to this forum and to be honest, not all that active.

Been here on this very planet since 22 yrs back, and plan to stick around for a bit longer. Alltho I crashed down in Sweden im doin ma best to get that engine runnin so I can be off again. Spent a yr in NL but moved back to Swe to finish ma school.
Atm im in Spain, gna spend the summer here. Since I'm not that keen on cold weather, I will most likely move down here nexxt summer, depending on how I thrive here - that is.

Atm, I share dumpster with one cat, one iguana iguana, two rats and one b. smithi.

Ah well, that was a weei bit bout me, not that I think u care... heh...

Take care now.
Cheers,

// Asphyxia