Introduce Yourself

TheGhostOfAkina

Arachnopeon
I had an account on here a few years ago, but its been so long I don't know the username/email. And since its been awhile, might as well post on here. I've been away from tarantulas for about 4 years, was into shrimp/fish tank keeping, but it got very tedious to keep up so I'm trying to get back into tarantulas. I'm from Wisconsin, and I love cars, wrestling, and video games.
Looking forward to buy a tarantula or two from some fellow members!

Ravage

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello arachnophiles. I have been raising spiders since I was in college (that was a long time ago). I mosstly raise dart frogs, but I still keep some Therasophids around. I mostly joined because I have a small landslide of male tarantulas that I need to send off to "date nights". but I'll find the proper forum for that. Here, I just want to say Hello, and since I do like Tarantulas, I'm sure I'll pick up some tips here.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Hi,
I grew up in a family that collected exotic pets in Michigan. My older brother lived above a small pet store that was able to order many animals.

Didn't have any pets for years after college, and while working and raising young sons. Now our family has had a few Ts for 3-4 years, and my husband and kids enjoy them as much as I do.

Things I like about Ts are that I find them relaxing, and alternately exciting. I like staring at them, reading about them, caring for them. I like that I am able to care for the more docile breeds independently, despite limited mobility. Also I think spiders are good luck to have in the house!

Dracaena

Arachnopeon
Hi all, new here. I recently got some jumping spiders and will try to breed with them. I hope I can get some good advice and help from you guys. Cheers!

doodledog

Arachnopeon
hi! my name is jennifer, I am 45 years old and am looking to get my 1st tarantula soon. looking to buy a Brachypelma albopilosum hopefully. i've been researching species, care, enclosures etc for the past week online and have made many trips to pet stores in my area to talk to actual T owners in person...i have learned that T's are the MOST complex species I have dealt with so far....there is soooo much info to know out there, and many, many ppl have different opinions on just about everything in T-world...lol. i am extremely excited about this new hobby and look forward to being a T mom!!

Jack68125

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. I just joined today and I've had a rosehair T for a while and many reptiles and just recently I got a Scolopendra alternans. I'm looking forward to sharing and receiving knowledge from all you guys, and also getting more centipedes!!

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone! I posted a few threads but I never properly introduced myself :D (sorry).
My name is Marija, 27 years old and I'm from Osijek, Croatia. I've always loved tarantulas and finally about month and a half ago I got my first :), a 6,5 inch female L parahybana. She is gorgeous, a real sweetie. Not long after that I decided to get one more because one just wont do it :p:angelic:
My second was a juvie G pulchripes and she was in premolt when I got her (think it's a she, still not sure). Well, I thought parahybana is calm and handleable but pulchripes moves in slow motion hehe and she is very docile (the moment she stepped on my hand I knew she is going to be my sweetie to cuddle). Thanks for having me here! Here are my babies :)
View attachment 222701 View attachment 222696 View attachment 222697 View attachment 222698 View attachment 222699 View attachment 222700
P.S. A few days ago I came to conclusion that two tarantulas won't do also and that I need a third... Open for suggestions which one to get! :happy:
Hello

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Hey y'all I'm Eric but everyone just calls me Rugg
I've been collecting and breeding arachnids on and off since 2001. My forte is scorpions but over the last 7 years or so I've really gotten hooked on T's as well. I've got 13 and counting now but I'm trying to aquire the type of collection I had before I bought my house a few years back(had to downsize quite a bit for $) Anyways I'm looking forward to chatting with y'all and learning a few new things and maybe being able to help out a few people here as well so for now everyone cheers

Kayti

Arachnopeon
:cat: Hi. I'm Kayti. I'm new here.
I've lurked a lot, but this is my first time partcipating.
I like tarantulas and I live in Alaska.

Nice to meet you!

Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

The Arachnoboards Team
ell

Amanda Marie Moore

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi! :)
My Name is Amanda, I was wondering if anybody know any tarantula dealers here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada... I'm having a bit of a hard time finding anything but rosey hairs. I NEED :p an Avicularia Avicularia (female), or a Honduran curly hair (female). Slings preferably. If anybody could help with this, it would make me a very very very very veryyhyy happy lady! ^_^
THANKS!!! <3

cold blood

Staff member
I had an account on here a few years ago, but its been so long I don't know the username/email. And since its been awhile, might as well post on here. I've been away from tarantulas for about 4 years, was into shrimp/fish tank keeping, but it got very tedious to keep up so I'm trying to get back into tarantulas. I'm from Wisconsin, and I love cars, wrestling, and video games.
Looking forward to buy a tarantula or two from some fellow members!
Hey hey, keep in touch....I'm in Oak creek (southeast corner of milw county) and do a lot of breeding and very often have ts to sell. Love meeting local tarantula people...until a few years ago I had never met a single other person....lol, glad that's changed:)

hi! my name is jennifer, I am 45 years old and am looking to get my 1st tarantula soon. looking to buy a Brachypelma albopilosum hopefully. i've been researching species, care, enclosures etc for the past week online and have made many trips to pet stores in my area to talk to actual T owners in person...i have learned that T's are the MOST complex species I have dealt with so far....there is soooo much info to know out there, and many, many ppl have different opinions on just about everything in T-world...lol. i am extremely excited about this new hobby and look forward to being a T mom!!
Be aware that most places are actually terrible places for tarantula info or advice...pet stores are a prime example...as are care sheets. Uneducated advisors are the reason you see so many differing opinions(and sometimes there's just several ways to do something) . Ts are really simple to keep and much of what you see, just over complicates things and confuses new keepers. And also keep in mind, that just because someone has a t or a few, doesn't automatically mean they know what they are talking about...there's a lot of poorly kept tarantulas out there, and most owners have no clue they're being improperly kept because they did research in the wrong places.

The best advice I can give is one single word...simplify.

Welcome to the hobby, read up on all the newer threads and be a sponge, after that, ask any questions you still have, there's a ton of knowledge here to be shared, and because its a busy site with real keepers, poor information is quickly corrected....glad you found AB.

Salmon

Arachnopeon
I'm Salmon.... I keep fiery searchers and bess beetles... and I have a very soft bird. I'm involved with entomology outreach here at the University of Arkansas, currently an undergrad looking to go into evolutionary ecology!

doodledog

Arachnopeon
Hey hey, keep in touch....I'm in Oak creek (southeast corner of milw county) and do a lot of breeding and very often have ts to sell. Love meeting local tarantula people...until a few years ago I had never met a single other person....lol, glad that's changed:)

Be aware that most places are actually terrible places for tarantula info or advice...pet stores are a prime example...as are care sheets. Uneducated advisors are the reason you see so many differing opinions(and sometimes there's just several ways to do something) . Ts are really simple to keep and much of what you see, just over complicates things and confuses new keepers. And also keep in mind, that just because someone has a t or a few, doesn't automatically mean they know what they are talking about...there's a lot of poorly kept tarantulas out there, and most owners have no clue they're being improperly kept because they did research in the wrong places.

The best advice I can give is one single word...simplify.

Welcome to the hobby, read up on all the newer threads and be a sponge, after that, ask any questions you still have, there's a ton of knowledge here to be shared, and because its a busy site with real keepers, poor information is quickly corrected....glad you found AB.
It seems every time I search a new topic here, I gain more good info! You all are awesome....if it wasn't for AB, with it's wealth of knowledge, I would be so not prepared. Like you said "simplify". I've learned that there is much to absorb, but when it comes down to it, having a tarantula is really quite simple and one shouldn't feel overwhelmed (even though that would be easy once you start doing your research). But it's a MUST to know as much as possible b4 diving into this "hobby". These are, after all, delicate animals that deserve the best care....RESPECT THE T!!

Jvice

Arachnopeon
Hey all!
Im Jayden, I'm from Arizona and I have a 7 year old desert blond tarantula. I'm just looking to learn a little more about her. I've had her for over two years now but there's always more to learn.

Attachments

Codyhc1

Arachnopeon
Hello all! My name is Cody and I've recently started keeping tarantulas. I used to be extremely frightened of spiders but always fascinated as well and decided that I wanted to start keeping them at the start of the year and began my research and now have 13 Ts 2 juvies and 11 slings and I'm loving every second of it haha!

Even the joyous chirping of the feeder crix lol