Introduce Yourself

Kennyg

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, im from south africa ive been in the hobby for about 3 or so years , knew about this forum for a while decided to join recently due to the fact that the local one we have here in SA is dead , so i needed somewhere for relevant chat and information :D
currently have 1x B. vagans and 1x Cyriocosmus perezmiles. i just purchased myself a avicularia versicolor today as well :D so im excited for the little guy to arrive soon. looking forward to meeting lots of otehr interesting people :D

Alienwiredgirl

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'v been orbiting this forum for approx. a month now. I'v been researching T's for my classroom and settled on getting two GBB slings (coming next week) because of their gorgeous color, tolerant of newbies and low humidity requirements (I live in Colorado). I really enjoy this board and the people who contribute to it and look forward to maybe adding to its value in the distant future. :)

Last edited:

DkEuathlus

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi I'm dave just joined my main interest is euathlus as you probs tell from my name... Looking to find like minded euathlus keepers to share information on breeding and genral chat and keeping upto date with reclassification of them as they change. So far I own 30 ts check my profile to see what I got if you wish. But my main interest as mentioned is euathlus so I will list the ones I own hear.
Sp reds 1 breeding pair and a grown on sling.
Parvula breeding pair.
Pulcherimaklassi a/f blue beauty.
Truculentus a/f.
Montane a/f.
Ebony a/f.
Chocolate brown a/f.
Sp yellow sub adult.
Scrofa mm
Am looking to set up breeding programmes for all the ones I own as and when I can secure mm that are needed
Im from the Cheshire in UK.

JLC

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone I'm Jason.

I'm new to the hobby (been collecting only for a few months). I've owned many reptiles over the years and recently gained interest in the tarantula hobby. I own 5 species now and look forward to expanding my collection. I found the forums thru word of mouth and I'm glad to see such a large community of helpful and experienced collectors!

Longislandboi85

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Mark. I'm 32, from long island New York. Father of 4.

We had a bearded dragon that someone gave us. Was told he was around 6 years old, lived with us for 2 years before he passed away. We also have fish (clown & hippo tang) and a couple of cats.

Personally, I've always wanted a Tarantula. Wife, not so much. But I'm here to gather more information so the leap isn't to hard when she finally crumbles.

dokpm0

Arachnopeon
Hey everybody. I'm Kevin. I'm at the extreme newbie/research stage. I've learned just enough so far to know that I have a lot to learn. :)

I haven't acquired any T's yet.

I saw this forum mentioned on Stanley Schultz's site. So I figured it would make a great addition to my research resources. I am more of a mailing list person. I'm terrible at keeping up with online forums.

I've been an animal nut since I was a kid, with a primary focus on dogs. But, my parents aren't dog people. My mother insisted the few dogs I had as a kid stayed outside, and my parents usually found reasons to get rid of the dogs I had fairly quickly. But, I did make up for lost time after I moved out on my own. At one point I had thirteen dogs. Yes, thirteen dogs at the same time. Half of them were Collies. Sadly old age, etc., have taken those thirteen from me. There are four dogs in my current pack at the moment.

As for tarantulas, I've been curious about them over the years, but never had one. Not too long ago I stumbled across a video on YouTube about keeping tarantulas. I quickly became a tarantula video addict.

I think I've decided to start looking for a first T. I've only found one local shop that carries T's so far, Critters Exotic Pets. If anyone has suggestions for other sources in the general Waco, TX area I'd love to hear about them.

I haven't decided which species I'll be starting with. That decision will be greatly influenced by what's available in my area.

targui

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, i'm from Croatia and i've been checking out this site since i got my first tarantula... Now im a proud owner of a versicolor sling, 8 cm nhandu chromatus and 11 cm c cyaneopubescens. So i guess i'm not a total beginner, but there is still a lot for me to learn :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hi everyone, i'm from Croatia and i've been checking out this site since i got my first tarantula... Now im a proud owner of a versicolor sling, 8 cm nhandu chromatus and 11 cm c cyaneopubescens. So i guess i'm not a total beginner, but there is still a lot for me to learn :)
good luck with that Avic sling, they can be pretty frustrating to new keepers.
feel free to pm me any Qs...

targui

Arachnopeon
good luck with that Avic sling, they can be pretty frustrating to new keepers.
feel free to pm me any Qs...
tnx, i know, but for now she is doing well, and eating like crazy:D
i don't know why, but i can't post in tarantula sexing, and i want to post pictures of cyaneopubescens molt... why?:/

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
tnx, i know, but for now she is doing well, and eating like crazy:D
i don't know why, but i can't post in tarantula sexing, and i want to post pictures of cyaneopubescens molt... why?:/
id just add to new media, some one will chime in.

Lethaldose

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I'm new to tarantulas, spiders are actually my biggest fear. So to conquer my fear I decided to get one. Now I own three! They are very interesting and I'm admittedly addicted. I look forward to getting feedback from you all and learning everything possible. My collection at the moment is a Grammostola Pulchra sling, a juvenile brachypelma smithi, and a full grown paraphysa scrofa. I'm really anxious to get an avicularia versicolor. Look forward to talking with any and all of you soon!

MarksTs

Arachnopeon
Hi all little introduction about myself I've been keeping Ts since the age of 15 and still learning I took a brake from the hobby a couple of years ago and decided I miss Tarantulas so I decided to get myself a T again and as you all know the addiction is back bigger than ever and my collection is building again.

Ts I have in my growing collection.
AF Lasiodora parahybana
MM Lasiodora parahybana
Juvenile F Megaphobema robustum
Unsexed nhandu tripepii
Female nhandu chromatus
Unsexed Psalmopoeus irminia

I also have a YouTube account where I post various videos and info
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtBciuH9_jYP-EJR57hDgA
Please check that out and see what you think
Will look forward to posting in this forum
Mark

MCC2017

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, my daughters (4 and 8) and I like to collect jumping spiders, Phidippus regius mainly. We are currently raising about 20 slings after releasing most when it became necessary to separate them. While trying to feed with fruit flies, I came up with a fairly simple setup to dispense small numbers of flies. I will post it here when I figure out the best place to do so.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Hello from Los Angeles, CA!

I've actually been a tarantula enthusiast for over a year now. Any time I google tarantula-related questions, I almost always end up here! So I finally decided to make a profile and join the community:)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hi everyone, my daughters (4 and 8) and I like to collect jumping spiders, Phidippus regius mainly. We are currently raising about 20 slings after releasing most when it became necessary to separate them. While trying to feed with fruit flies, I came up with a fairly simple setup to dispense small numbers of flies. I will post it here when I figure out the best place to do so.
use small moths if you want a show.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Hello All, new to the world of bugs and new to Arachnoboards. I'm from So Cal, 38 year old female, and have recently fallen in love with Gromphadorhina portentosa (Madagascar Hissing Roaches). I acquired some at the Reptile super show last weekend and will be getting more asap. Also will be purchasing my first Achetontia atropos, Acherontia styx or Acherontia lachesis. Researching and learning all I can before I move into moths, and all input is welcome!! Thanks in advance! Looking forward to learning, sharing and exploring this site

Last edited:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Hello All, new to the world of bugs and new to Arachnoboards. I'm from So Cal, 38 year old female, and have recently fallen in love with Gromphadorhina portentosa (Madagascar Hissing Roaches). I acquired some at the Reptile super show last weekend and will be getting more asap. Also will be purchasing my first Achetontia atropos, Acherontia styx or Acherontia lachesis. Researching and learning all I can before I move into moths, and all input is welcome!! Thanks in advance! Looking forward to learning, sharing and exploring this site
Hey! I went to the show too! Hissers are awesome. I love bringing them into my classes. The students go crazy over them:astonished:

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Hey! I went to the show too! Hissers are awesome. I love bringing them into my classes. The students go crazy over them:astonished:
I'm very new to hissers and trying to learn as I go, but so far I love it. I have three females and want to get some males and attempt breeding!