Introduce Yourself

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
Before you jump into all different species do your research care is different for different species. Some are arboreal and some are terrestrial. With that being said some are use to dry climate and some to humid ones.
I definitely research before making purchases. It's just so hard to choose.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I've been keeping Ts for just a little over a year. I jumped from 1 tarantula to I want to say around 10 in about 2 months, then another 4 in 3 months. It's an addictive hobby.
Just curious how long it takes you to care for them? How much time do you spend daily, weekly, etc.?

Mystery Machine

Arachnopeon
Hey all, My name is Nick and I got my first T last week! So 2016 has been a rough one for me so I decided to fulfill a childhood dream. After some research I picked up a 3" Female Avicularia metallica from Jamie's Tarantulas and I am super pleased, like I want to build a time machine just to get a high five from my 8 year old self.
"Hey kid when you grow up you're going to get a tarantula"
**HIGH FIVE**
"Super cool! So how is the future? How fast does your flying car go?"
"Uhhhhhh let's not get into it..."

Last edited:

Liz Jones

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi I am very new to both tarantula care/keeping and forums as I have had my Pink Toed Tarantula (female spiderling) for about 4 months now and everything I have needed to know and learn I have had to do via the internet and books but some things even they cannot answer so I thought I would join a forum of likeminded people in the hope that they may be able to answer some of my questions

Tarantula Chris

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Chris. I kept a few tarantulas when I was a teenager and now 15 years on I have got back into the hobby. I've got eight, currently;

Avic. versicolor
B. annitha
Euathlus sp. green
L. parahybana
G. rosea
A. chalcodes
Hapalopus sp. Colombia
P. cambridgei

These are collected within last 12 months. I expect to get many more.
:pompous:

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Hello Everybody!
I've known about this forum for a while now, but finally decided to join today! :)
Besides now being a member here, I am also on the Mantid forum, Beetle forum, and Allpet Roaches forum.
Anyway, my name's Joshua, I'm fourteen, and have been keeping invertebrates since 2013. The first inverts that I kept were two female Phyllocrania paradoxa, and continued to keep exclusively mantids until, I believe, August of last year when I picked up my first non-mantis pet invertebrate, a large male Gromphadorhina oblongonota, from Peter of Bugsincyberspace.com. I'm a huge invert enthusiast and love inverts of all kinds, but keep mostly roaches and beetles. I currently own 16 species of roaches, 14 species of beetles(mostly tenebrionids), 7 species of isopods, and a couple other inverts.
I'm very glad to have joined this massive forum and sure that I'll enjoy it here for years to come! :)

Last edited:

OveroMare

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

Just a small town farm girl who loves her inverts. I've had just about every critter known to man (currently just horses, mules, cattle, chickens, a dog and cat) but, I have yet to own a T. If you ask my mother she will tell you that I asked for one for Christmas when I was 5, but she drew the line at arachnids. I can't rag on her too much though.. she did put up with all of my herps and feeders lol. So 21 years later I am finally revisiting the T obsession. Hoping to learn a lot from everyone! :happy:

RickHedge

Arachnopeon
Had a rose-hair in high school, at that time I had no idea what I was doing. Decided about 5 months ago I wanted to get another one. Started doing research and reading up so I could be better prepared.
Now as a family we have 8 T's. My wife decided after being deathly afraid of spiders that T's were cute and she wanted one, then we turned around and got some for the kids (teenagers) for Christmas.

whittleman

Arachnopeon
gday,
my names sean pretty new too this, got a two month old chaco golden knee thats a greedy little thing haha love it too bits though already. im 23 from the australia but moved too the uk. hope too make some decent mates on here

PaxBlue

Arachnopeon
Hi all, James here been a lurker and finally decided to say high! From Arizona born and hoping to find some more great tips and info here.

Pearl Dusenbery

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all,
My name is Pearl. I had a pair of wild caught G. Rosea many years ago but due to my situation at the time I had to return them to the wild. I have finally gotten to a place in my life where I feel I can give a T the life they deserve so I ordered a G. Pulchra sling and am thoroughly enjoying the addiction again. I am getting ready to order an A. Genic here shortly then after that I want to find something that stays blue after it matures then something purple so I have my homework cut out for me. Lol

Metalguy89

Arachnopeon
Greetings!
I'm Anthony. An artist and musician by day, and a long time scorpion enthusiast. I've recently really gotten back into them, now I'm on the hunt for my very own species that's Native to Washington and Oregon. I also wouldn't mind a nice male desert hairy to fill up my big tank I have sitting around haha

Mortuus

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, happy new year!

I'm new to raising T's and I live in Australia which as you know, limits the species I can get a hold of. On the flip side however I have easier access to Australian species - so who's jealous? ;)

MySpiderJake

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys! I've been lurking here for about 2 months and I have to say it's one of my favorite parts of the day! This forum is the T's knees! :p

Anyhow, my name's Gary and I can't wait to find some friends who love T's as much as I do!

Since I started my sling collection 3 months ago I now have:
A. versicolor
B. albopilosum
C. cyanopubescens x2
E. Species Red
A. lotmoresoon ;)

Additionally:
Turkestan "red runner" roaches
Dubias
1.1 hissing cockroaches (G. portentosa)

Arterion86

Arachnopeon
Hi all! I'm Adam, 30, from the UK. I've been in the hobby for roughly 18 months, and in that time I've accumulated a collection of 10 tarantulas, all of which I bought as spiderlings and have been raising towards adulthood - haven't lost one yet, in either the sense of escaping or dying!

I've done a lot of research into tarantula husbandry over the last couple of years, and one word which keeps popping up is Arachnoboards - so I thought I'd finally take the plunge and get involved. It's really nice to see such a large and active community, and I'm really looking forward to getting involved.

Cheers!

norcalfourrunner

Arachnopeon
Hello, Nick from Northern California.

Not sure why I never signed up on these boards but I figured I would get on board since I no longer have a girlfriend to tell me I can't have invertebrates everywhere. o_Oo_O Been in the hobby of invert husbandry for most of my life though, usually independent of the women in my life lmao.

Currently have:
(1) Avicularia avicularia (Pink Toe Tarantula) - unknown sex, still very young
(1) Theraphosa blondi (Goliath Bird Eater) - Female, not sure of age, maybe ~2 years
(1) Damon variegatus (Tanzanian Tailless Whip Scorpion) - Female, age unknown
(1) Deroplatys lobata (Malaysian dead leaf mantis) - 2nd - 3rd instar male nymph
(10) Blaberus fusca (cockroach) - nymphs
(>50) Gromphadorhina portentosa (Madagascar Hissers, colony) - Nymphs and adults
(>50) Blaptica dubia (Dubia roaches, colony) - Nymphs and adults
(>500) Drosophila melanogaster (flightless fruit fly) - Colony
(1) Camponotus modoc (Carpenter ant) - Colony - first year queen & 5 nanitic workers, no brood
(1) Camponotus vicinus (Carpenter ant) - Colony - first year queen and 1 nanitic worker, brood

Freshwater inverts & others
(7) Paleomonetes sp
(4) Neritina natalensis snails
(2) Betta splendens (Betta)
(1) Ancistrus cirrhosus (Bristlenose Plecostomus)
(2) Otocinclus Catfish
(3) Danio choprai
(2) Hymenochirus sp -
African dwarf frogs

Illmannered1

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I'm Tony from eastern Washington State. I basically bounce around from hobby to hobby keeping myself entertained, including carnivorous plants, lizards, tattooing, modding game consoles and whatnot. About a week ago a youtube suggestion popped up for tarantula huts from a big box pet store, and since my sister had mentioned wanting a tarantula, but will never do research, I figured I'd google beginner species... Well here I am a week later, obsessed, with 2 slings and a juvenile on the way. I'm fighting the urge to buy a fourth specemin, at least until i have these in my possession. Lots of good info here, I think I'll stick around for a while, mostly lurking, but expect some dumb noob questions when I'm inevitably struggling to wrap my head around something. Thanks for all of the valuable information. See you around.