Introduce Yourself

theriumbra

Arachnopeon
Hi.

I just got introduced to tarantulas about a week ago when i got a hondurian curly hair and just 2 or 3 days ago I got another spider, a guatemalan redrump.

I am 18, from south africa and very willing to learn anything I can about these fascinating creatures.

If I find that this website is active daily I will definately come post here more often :)

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
I'm on this boards and hobby for a while, but looking back i probably never did introduction here. So here we go.
My name is Marijan, i live in Zagreb, Croatia and am 24 years old. I prefer keeping mainly OW T's, as i really really don't like setae on my skin. Hobby was on hiatus for few years, and i'm finally coming back. My interests range from Theraphosids to all other Arthropoda, including Myriapods, Blattodea, Scorpions and so on. My favourite species is, as seen from my avatar: H. maculata

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi everyone. RE introducing myself. I was here for some time about 8 years ago and now,,,I'm back,,,,with far fewer T's this time. Lol Anywho. :)

What's this,,,"Old Timer" crap?? LOL!!!

BelindaV

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. Cheetah13mo brought me here.... I want to learn more about something I know little about and get rid of the fear.
Ps: *giggles at the old timer crap*

cold blood

Staff member
I'm on this boards and hobby for a while, but looking back i probably never did introduction here. So here we go.
My name is Marijan, i live in Zagreb, Croatia and am 24 years old. I prefer keeping mainly OW T's, as i really really don't like setae on my skin. Hobby was on hiatus for few years, and i'm finally coming back. My interests range from Theraphosids to all other Arthropoda, including Myriapods, Blattodea, Scorpions and so on. My favourite species is, as seen from my avatar: H. maculata
Meh, I liked the old roach avatar.:meh:

Its great to see you back around bud!

cold blood

Staff member
cmon, that was pixelated as it was designed for old avatar style. i can bring it back if you really insist tho :cigar:
Hey, despite your hiatus, when you returned, I instantly recognized your avatar...It looked fine...but, lmao, do as you wish, its your avatar....if it was up to me, everyone would have fish pics on their avatar and we'd all get along so much better...hehe.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Hey, despite your hiatus, when you returned, I instantly recognized your avatar...It looked fine...but, lmao, do as you wish, its your avatar....if it was up to me, everyone would have fish pics on their avatar and we'd all get along so much better...hehe.
here you go bby. all in HD resolution now :shy:

louise f

Arachnoangel
I don't wear gloves on that pic, i'm just white as a cheese
Hehe, that`s just natural look for us Europeans <3 :) When summer begins i always am trying my very best to get a nice tan, but it never really get that tanned before Mr. winter arrives again :( :D

Jehan Tuazon Labalan

Arachnopeon
Hi I am Jehan and I'm new to the hobby. I had my first T which is a Brachypelma Auratum (Mexican flame knee) last week. I find this pet cool even though I am afraid with spiders. I am going to attach some pictures of my T when I get access to my cellphone. Can you guys please help me identify its gender? also I am worried that my T is always on the walls of my enclosure he only goes down to the substrate rarely. Is there a problem with him? It haven't ate 4 days ago. The size of my T is about 3.5 inches.

cold blood

Staff member
Hi I am Jehan and I'm new to the hobby. I had my first T which is a Brachypelma Auratum (Mexican flame knee) last week. I find this pet cool even though I am afraid with spiders. I am going to attach some pictures of my T when I get access to my cellphone. Can you guys please help me identify its gender? also I am worried that my T is always on the walls of my enclosure he only goes down to the substrate rarely. Is there a problem with him? It haven't ate 4 days ago. The size of my T is about 3.5 inches.
Its a.....male!?!?

Pics are vital to ANY advice if you do decide to start a thread.

Feed once a week, that's all the more often you need to feed. Eventually they will stop eating, they can go many many months without food, 4 days is nothing, not even worth mentioning.

I suggest reading a lot of the threads, even the ones you might not think are interesting, you'll learn so much. Literally any question you have has already been asked and discussed, its all at your finger tips:)

Welcome to the boards!:)

Jehan Tuazon Labalan

Arachnopeon
Its a.....male!?!?

Pics are vital to ANY advice if you do decide to start a thread.

Feed once a week, that's all the more often you need to feed. Eventually they will stop eating, they can go many many months without food, 4 days is nothing, not even worth mentioning.

I suggest reading a lot of the threads, even the ones you might not think are interesting, you'll learn so much. Literally any question you have has already been asked and discussed, its all at your finger tips:)

Welcome to the boards!:)
Thanks, I would be more that happy to be here for a lifetime! I was worried that its having a problem. I measured it again and its 11cm including legspan. My next concern is, on the size of my T is it safe to say that it is mature? I am diving through thread to thread and people are sharing their amazing collections of their T's which I really found awesome. :happy:

cold blood

Staff member
Thanks, I would be more that happy to be here for a lifetime! I was worried that its having a problem. I measured it again and its 11cm including legspan. My next concern is, on the size of my T is it safe to say that it is mature? I am diving through thread to thread and people are sharing their amazing collections of their T's which I really found awesome. :happy:
If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the larger Brachypelmas, its probably close to mature, although its probably borderline...you can tell by the molt, their "parts" look different when they are mature. If it was mine and I was waiting to breed it, I'd wait at least another molt, probably 2.

Insect Boy

Arachnopeon
Hi Arachnoboards! My name is Jeremy. What brought me here is actually quite a long story. I recently got into arachnids and myriad odds like centipedes and tarantulas. One day, I was in my garden and I found a Rhysida Longipes, an African Yellow Leg Centipede is what I believe you guys call it. After I got a few phone camera shots with it, I released it and got interested in how to care for these kinds of animals. At first, when I caught the centipede, I had no idea what it was, then I found a thread post from here stating the name of the centipede. After that, I thought it would be great to sign up for this chat site. I don't really know how to post threads though but now, I'm learning the ropes...