Introduce Yourself

Sean Launico Mamaed

Arachnopeon
NEWBIE EXOTIC LOVER

Hi guys , My name is Sean Mamaed from Philippines. I'm just new here in this website and also new Exotic pet lover. Few days ago, I just got my first four tarantula slings with 1.5 cm each. Hoping to know more information about them and to take good care of this little arachnid here in this site by taking advices from you guys :happy: thank you for reading my post and hope your day will be as good as your pet's health. ;)

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Hello all,
I got my first T when I was 10 back in 1996, of course it was the typical grammostola rosea,
I then started getting into herps and my Phillipe DeVesigo (sp?) Floppy back Books became a practical collectors item to me.kept my original rose hair, kept a 37 gallon high terrarium with 3 pinktoes, had a few wind scorpions, Vietnamese centipedes, loxcesales reclusa (collected from my grandmother's house),
I also started becoming interested in reef aquariums, and worked at a few pet and fish stores through highschool, I have been invemonated by two things while working in pet stores a lionfish, and a indian ornamental shot up my arm when trying to place it from its shipping container into a critter keeper, my knee-jerk reactionot was to grab it, nailed me bad, however it was the lionfish that sent me to the ER, the ornamental bite just caused severe pain and stiff/tenderness.

I really began to become obsessed with reef aquariums, and decided to give away and sell my herps and inverts, right before college, I'm very involved in the reefkeeping hobby and am very proficient in stony coral ID, however with taxonomy and Latin names with Ts I'm a complete newbie but I have noticed similar species names, but genus are completely different from coral, but many of the species share the same name as coral species.
I recently saw a post on FB that spiked my interests in praying mantis and keeping land dwelling inverts again.
Then after viewing some of the species of Ts available these days I'm hooked again.
Look forward to learning from this resourcefull place

DragonizedGlory

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone. The names Duncan. I'm probably the only bloke here from South Africa... lol. I've read quite a few of the threads on this forum and thought hey, why not register. So I did and here I am. I've been in the tarantula business for a little over a year now. I've a lot more experience in the reptile department. Especially snakes. I used to have four but circumstances forced me to find them new homes. (Glad that's over) so now I'm starting a new, taking up something fresh along the line and building up my collection once again. I'm up to one snake, three spiders and a frog (of all things).
Hope we all get along and we make great friends

cold blood

Staff member
Hey everyone. The names Duncan. I'm probably the only bloke here from South Africa... lol. I've read quite a few of the threads on this forum and thought hey, why not register. So I did and here I am. I've been in the tarantula business for a little over a year now. I've a lot more experience in the reptile department. Especially snakes. I used to have four but circumstances forced me to find them new homes. (Glad that's over) so now I'm starting a new, taking up something fresh along the line and building up my collection once again. I'm up to one snake, three spiders and a frog (of all things).
Hope we all get along and we make great friends
Lots of south Africans here actually Duncan.

Welcome aboard.

Mitchell Long

Arachnopeon
:)
hello all
My name is Mitchell.
I am a young invert collector and breeder from Melbourne. I used to be on the AIF and have done work in museums and aquariums so I have seen cool inverts. Anyways have a nice day all and will talk soon.
Regards
Mitchell long :)

Bonesaw

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, my name is Dylan.
I am currently an undergrad majoring in biology and have taken a liking to spiders and arachnids of all sorts. I have found out after taking a trip to Costa Rica that I am interesting in tropical spiders, particularly wandering spiders. I hope to learn a little bit on here and see some great stuff you all post.
Cheers!

MoonWeaver

Arachnopeon
Hi all, my name is Dana. I am a homeschooling mom of 3 kids who has found herself absolutely addicted to keeping tarantulas (though my husband thinks I'm crazy). I have become a terrible enabler of the "tarantula addiction," and have convinced one of my daughters (she's 13) to keep them with me. LOL! Anyway, I look forward to learning from and taking about Ts with you all.

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
Hi Everone!!! I'm Arvind and I'm from India..:happy: I'm a new tarantula enthusiast who's got a new interest in tarantulas and scorpions. I've been stalking this forum since the last couple of months:rolleyes:, but felt now is the right time to register myself in the forum and post an intro.

Since young, I've been fascinated by tarantulas,, but like any other common man, I only knew it as an arachnid, whose size inspired awe!!! The more I started reading about them, the more i knew I I'd have to get a tarantula one day.

Being from India, people here hardly pet tarantulas. So, I guess I'm one of those rare specimens who's in this forum from India:angelic:. I hope to get myself a tarantula soon.!B. albopilosum or G. pulchra!

thanks guys!! In the limited time that I have spent in this forum reading thru various posts, the one thing I've noticed is that people here are greatly experienced and are genuinely willing to help others... Keep up guys... !!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:once i get my Tarantula, will need all your guidance in taking care of it..:angelic::angelic::angelic:thanks again!!

T3N

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone I've been using using this forum for a while now because of all the information you can find here, I live in the US and you can call me Ten, I had my first tarantula 1-2 years ago it was an A.avic that soon molted into a guy, now I have 30 mostly slings, tarantulas are pretty addictive... I would like to thanks all the members for bringing their knowledge and experiences.

Justinas Staliunas

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

My name is Justin, Lithuanian born, and bred currently living in the UK. I've had spiders since i got my first one 10 years ago. For those 10 years I've often visited arachnoboards for more knowlege, but never really registered. I've had 3 T-s die on me so far, but still am a proud owner of 20. This weekend i rescued 4 T-s from literally being killed and dumped in the bin, however one isn't doing so well. So for the first time in 10 years i come to you for help! Will update later :)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hello out there! I would liked to be called Small Zoo Guy, I currently own a Rose Hair (G. porteri), a Emperor scorpion, a rosy boa and some darkling beetles!
I have kept a variety of animals and my specialty is Tropical fish.
Thanks

NJarachnidFan

Arachnopeon
Hi,

My name is Nick I'm from Hudson County, NJ. Been lurking on here for a while and finally decided to join. I been into reptiles and tarantulas since a kid but recently been getting more into the scorpion and mantid hobby.

MikeDB

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Mike from CC, Florida
The reason i joined this board is to find as much information on building the best habitats, i have been building aquariums for over 5 years now and want to expend my knowledge towards arachnid families.
So please all and any information about the perfect habitat is welcome.

Nella Bella

Arachnopeon
Hey! Nella from Adelaide with a 6 months old Urodacus Novaehollandiae, my little arachnid of death. :alien (who gets mothered... badly.)
Hope to keep finding some useful info on this forum. :rolleyes:

JenniferKatherine

Arachnopeon
Hey, all

A fellow member recommended this site for some help I needed with raising baby tarantulas. I'm completely new to the process and am looking for reputable breeders of GBBs and reliable information. I am currently studying to be an exotic vet and would love to learn as much as I can about tarantulas. When I needed help with mine, I went to vet after vet after vet and no one could help me (kind of what I experience with most of my pets). Long story short, I got tired of the hassle of finding qualified exotic veterinarians, so I decided to become one myself...but I have a few years left.

Aside from a few traditional pets, I also have emus, African crested porcupines, blood pythons, kookaburras, and a lovable capybara named JoeJoe.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible here. Thanks in advance. :)

Chinverts

Arachnopeon
long time listener first time caller

wow, i guess i'll pop this thread open, my names john...umm..long time listener first time caller 22 live outside baltimore..shh dont tell the mods that im talkin about this here, but i dont know what else to say except that i love my telecaster...i have a rosie and a wild caught brown recluse.....

Flutterbat

Arachnopeon
Hi there! My name is Jamie. I signed up here because I've decided to finally get my own tarantula, and I figured that it would be a lot of help if I had an entire community of people that know what they are doing. In just the little time I have been signed up here, I have already leaned quite a bit of useful information and gotten almost all of my questions answered.

DPetsche

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Dylan.

I've been in the T hobby for a few months now but have been interested in spiders in general for a very long time. Right now I just have Ts but I'm currently shopping and do plan to look into scorpions and other arachnids as well in the near future.