Insects you really don't like?

CyberSkully

Arachnopeon
For me, it's ladybugs/Japanese beetles. They have the most repulsive smells ever, comparable to chlorine with a bit of rotten egg! Also, they bite and on top of it have that hard outer shell making a crunch if one is squished. All around my least favorite insect no doubt.
I love ladybugs. lol. I did an internship in Illinois and was pleasantly surprised to see them in my closet with 5 feet of snow outside...

NYAN

Arachnoking
I have a phobia for anything flying and stinging! But my true hatred falls on Ants,common black ants who invade my home every summer. Threatening my insect/arachnid collections and agitating my precious ferret! >:I
Sounds like the Argentine ants! Love them! My favorite part is how they killed $100+ worth of stuff a few months back.

ShrapnelShark

Arachnopeon
Sounds like the Argentine ants! Love them! My favorite part is how they killed $100+ worth of stuff a few months back.
Yeah,they appear every summer for me and just cause havok on my household. Thankfully a few bait traps is all it takes to beat them back for the rest of the season @__@

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
i think in terms of gross nothing can beat the larva of the Cordylobia anthropophaga (mango fly) i very nearly threw up when i saw someone remove hundreds of them from a dog on YT, i am so glad i don't live in central Africa

NaCon

Arachnopeon
Moths hands down, I don’t know what it is about them but they scare me to death.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Moths hands down, I don’t know what it is about them but they scare me to death.
oh yeah moths....................they flip me out aswell,but only the large ones,they flutter right into you,you hear them fluttering,since i was alittle kid ive had this weird feeling when i would encounter them,again i really don't know why i get that weird feeling....who knows,but any other insect etc you can throw them on me,no problem,have you ever seen a poodle moth? they are kinda comical but still that feeling hmmmm. don't know.

NaCon

Arachnopeon
oh yeah moths....................they flip me out aswell,but only the large ones,they flutter right into you,you hear them fluttering,since i was alittle kid ive had this weird feeling when i would encounter them,again i really don't know why i get that weird feeling....who knows,but any other insect etc you can throw them on me,no problem,have you ever seen a poodle moth? they are kinda comical but still that feeling hmmmm. don't know.
You have no idea how much I can relate to this I am happy to squash the little ones, but the huge ones, I can’t stand, found a dead tree earlier today ripped some bark off to make hides, 5-7 very large moths came flying at me :anxious::arghh:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You have no idea how much I can relate to this I am happy to squash the little ones, but the huge ones, I can’t stand, found a dead tree earlier today ripped some bark off to make hides, 5-7 very large moths came flying at me :anxious::arghh:
ahhh,i hope you got your machine gun out and blasted them :) lol yeah i mean they are freakin harmless but still.....MOTHS!!!!

CladeArthropoda

Arachnoknight
Really? What about butterflies? Butterflies are just a subgroup of moths.

ahhh,i hope you got your machine gun out and blasted them :) lol yeah i mean they are freakin harmless but still.....MOTHS!!!!
Please do not condone the senseless killing of arthropods. You're no better than the people who comment "NOPE NOPE KILL IT WITH FIRE HUR DUR" on spiders related videos on youtube.

NaCon

Arachnopeon

Please do not condone the senseless killing of arthropods. You're no better than the people who comment "NOPE NOPE KILL IT WITH FIRE HUR DUR" on spiders related videos on youtube.
Butterflies are in the same category for me.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer

umm, we were kidding.......really........a harmless moth,i don't like them,that doesn't mean i would really blast it,come on.

Last edited: