1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insects you really don't like?

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by Ilich, May 24, 2018.

1. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I’m not that keen on Roaches , but what I don’t like are large black Crickets .

2. Ilich

Ilich Arachnosquire Active Member

Large black crickets? I've never seen black crickets before, what do they do exactly?

3. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire

They sell them all the time in the UK , just don’t like the look of them . Always feed my Ts Locust or Roach . Crickets are also noisy if they escape, and I hate to think where they are if they escape ie in my kitchen while I’m cooking !

4. Mosquitoes, March flies, Common brown earwigs (they're feral here) and worst of all are those goddamn fungus gnats.

God I hate fungus gnats

5. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Gryllus campestris is the scientific name, iirc.

As for bugs I don't like, it's earwigs. Totally childhood trauma related. When I was eight, i went to get a chair from a stack of chairs, and there was this massive colony of them located between those two chairs. They crawled all over me, in my clothes, my hair, :eek::eek::eek:.

And wasps/yellowjackets. But I'm allergic, so I think I'm entitled to that one:smug:.

Mosquitoes that want to suck either my daughter's blood or mine too. If there is one freakin mosquito in my bedroom I end up having big bumps and even raised areas of skin the size of a breakfast plate. My daughter too. My husband only gets bitten if I have repellent on and he doesn't.

6. Godzillaalienfan1979

Godzillaalienfan1979 Arachnoknight

How? I'm no denier (it's a very real problem we need to solve ASAP), but i'm just confused how the two would relate.

7. Ilich

Earwigs don't sound like fun, I don't like the idea of something nesting in my ear either ngl, doesn't sound fun but instead incredibly painful.
    Well bugs are attracted to more fare skin, so if you're more pale and like sensitive, they're gonna wanna go for you more so does he have a darker complexion?

8. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Lol, they don't actually crawl in your ear. I don't know why it has that common name, haha.
    Actually, my husband's a redhead, and while I'm white, i tan fairly easy so it's not that.

9. Ilich

Ah, they're afraid of him then, because he's soulless (nojk). Maybe you've got that high-octane crazy blood and they love it, idunno.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Many diseases are seasonal, as example Flu season. Alter the climate, the seasons or weather boundaries get altered.
    For an example the extended range and expanded Aedes Aegypti mosquito carrying Dengue breeding season. 4-6 month rainy season has expanded to 6 to 8 months or longer in many locales, and warmer air currents have Aedes now turning up regularly in locations never recorded before like at 8,000 feet in the Himalayas which was unheard of 10-20 years ago.
    West Nile virus, malaria, encephalitis, hantavirus and chikungunya are similarly mapping beyond their normal range.

Just toss 'how climate change helps spread disease' in your search engine.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  11. Cas S

Cas S Arachnosquire

JURESELUM CRICKET...

also those weird centipedes with short bodies and long thin legs

12. spookyvibes

spookyvibes Arachnobaron Active Member

Indiana
    House centipedes? I think those little guys are pretty neat!

13. Cas S

Cas S Arachnosquire

Yeah, they are cool. But really creep me out. There completely harmless tho

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ilich

Jensum weeds? wait what

15. Hoops71

Hoops71 Arachnopeon

UK
    House fly's, wasps, mosquitos,bust most of all Blue Bottle fly's! One (and its always just the one) seems to make an appearance every time I'm cooking or eating. This results in me dashing about the house wielding a dish cloth trying to whack the annoying ba*tard! Hate them with a passion!

16. WeightedAbyss75

WeightedAbyss75 Arachnoangel Active Member

Probably has to be crane flies. They may be harmless, but they look like gigantic mosquitos. With the way they wiggle their legs when they fly, and are just overall creepy, I have to get them out of my house if I see one :(

17. Twichlove

Twichlove Arachnopeon

private
    Pharaoh ants, i absolutely despise those things. I'l open up my freezer and see about 50 of them trying to rob food from me, the worst part is that there was so much dirt on it that i had to throw the food away anyways.
    Next day i found Pharaoh ants in my garbage can.

18. Ilich

Blue Bottle Fly's?? I honestly just saw one of those while having a cigarette, thought it was a horsefly lmao.

See we always thought they were called mosquito hawks and they ate mosquitoes, but then eventually I found out they do none of that.

I have no idea what Pharaoh ants are or how the hell they can get into a freezer to raid it but they sound like something out of the bible lmao.

19. Twichlove

Twichlove Arachnopeon

private
    Oh you'd be surprised, they are very small and feed on pretty much anything organic, they fit right into small cracks and can easily swarm your kitchen.

20. Ilich

Don't want any ants in my crack kthx