Injured African millipede

Jthill76

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone. I'm new to the site and beyond thankful to have found you guys. Long story short my cat pulled the tank off the shelf and my millipede is injured. About an inch from her end her legs look broke and there was some seepage. I have her in a new enclosure with her water dish in a dark warm room. I'm assuming it's a wait and see at this point? Is there anything more I can do?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it's just leg injuries, she should be ok. Is it possible the seepage might be her chemical defenses, rather than haemolymph? These defensive fluids are secreted when she feels threatened or stressed. They are usually yellowish or brownish colored, whereas I believe myriapod "blood" is more bluish. As long as she's not leaking haemolymph, she should be fine.

Jthill76

Arachnopeon
If it's just leg injuries, she should be ok. Is it possible the seepage might be her chemical defenses, rather than haemolymph? These defensive fluids are secreted when she feels threatened or stressed. They are usually yellowish or brownish colored, whereas I believe myriapod "blood" is more bluish. As long as she's not leaking haemolymph, she should be fine.
It didn't look blueish. More clear to brown

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Did the seepage come from her legs or body segments? Legs are definitely easier to heal. Hopefully she will be fine.

There is a forum here just for Millipedes (it's combined with Centipedes). The admins will probably move this thread over there. But when you post again, start the thread there so more millipeeps will see it and be able to comment.

Best of luck and welcome to the boards!

Jthill76

Arachnopeon
Did the seepage come from her legs or body segments? Legs are definitely easier to heal. Hopefully she will be fine.

There is a forum here just for Millipedes (it's combined with Centipedes). The admins will probably move this thread over there. But when you post again, start the thread there so more millipeeps will see it and be able to comment.

Best of luck and welcome to the boards!
Oh sorry! I w asnt paying attention...i was beside My self trying to get answers :) the seepage was from her body where her legs meet under her shell

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I do hope she will be fine. Falls and injuries are hard on millipedes. Please keep us posted.