individual identification

N8Legged

Arachnosquire
I just got 3 male true emperors at a breeder expo I have them all living together. I named them Tom Dick and Harry after the aliens from 3rd rock from the sun, if I ever get a female her name will be Sally. anyways I would like to be able to identify them individually and was thinking about putting a dot of paint or nail polish on each of their claws in a different color so I can tell them apart I don't really want to use nail polish I know that's a potent chemical the thought just came to mind cause I thought it would last longer. anyone ever tried something like this or have better suggestions.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
I have never heard of anyone doing something like that so idk... but obviously if they are not fully grown they will just molt it off. I would try to study then and see if you can find differences before anything else.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Study them closely and you will see the individual differences. Marking them just seems so unnatural.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you really must mark them use a non toxic paint pen and mark them on a leg

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah same as all of the above, they will look a little different from each other size wise. Just become familiar with their "looks". If you tried to "dab" the scorpions, they will not like it and try to brush it off, so it will make a bigger mess. Then they will probably try to clean it off with their mouth and then the nail polish might dry on their mouth :meh:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I just got 3 male true emperors at a breeder expo I have them all living together. I named them Tom Dick and Harry after the aliens from 3rd rock from the sun, if I ever get a female her name will be Sally. anyways I would like to be able to identify them individually and was thinking about putting a dot of paint or nail polish on each of their claws in a different color so I can tell them apart I don't really want to use nail polish I know that's a potent chemical the thought just came to mind cause I thought it would last longer. anyone ever tried something like this or have better suggestions.
I wouldn't mark them. After enough time/experience you will be able to tell them apart by looks alone.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
If they are truly emperors and all 3 are males - i wouldn't mark them or keep all 3 males in the same tank. I would suggest trying to locate a person who would do a breeding loan with you and your males if you cant find a female yourself. I would think finding an available female emperor would be really hard to find considering how expensive and hard to find any emperors are.