1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Violet Sling Problem

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Hutake, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Is this the same species with the common name “Violet Tree Spider”?

2. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    No, thus why common names are such a confusing pain in the butt. :rolleyes: IIRC "Violet Tree Spider" is referring to Tapinauchenius violaceus. Chilobrachys fimbriatus is not an arboreal T - the genus is known for being hardcore burrowers.

3. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

For starters, i suggest you stop changing substrate. It is very stressful for them and this can.be the reason it doesnt burrow. Substrate does not have to be changed ever! When you rehouse it to something bigger, you can use the same substrate, mixed with the new! The old sub scents familiair to the spider. The less you change substrate the better. I have tarantulas that hsve had the same substrate for 10nyears!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnosquire Active Member

Ah, yes. Common names....

5. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron Active Member

After reading title of this thread, I expected it be about H. devamatha or so. :D Like for real, C. fimbriatus is nice spider, but by no means matching my impression of violet color. :confused:

6. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron Active Member

It's even worse, "violet tree spider" is common name of T. cupreus, and common name of T. violaceus is "purple tree spider". As **** logic, long live confusion... :banghead:

• Funny Funny x 1