Indecisive tarantula

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
My E. murinus has been giving me very strange vibe lately. Few days ago I peeked into its enclosure and saw a thick web blocking entrance to its hide. Hell yeah, finally a moult, I thought... But then evening came and suddenly I saw a pair of black feed waiting for some roach to come by. Apparently it removed whole blockade, only god knows why.
Okay then, maybe no premolt then. But next morning it blocked entrance again and destroyed that web in the evening. And today's the third time it's done that.

Is it just feeling around and trying to make me lose my nerves or what? Has anything like that happened to your Ts?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I have a one that does that. My C. paviei keeps its burrow entrance heavily webbed during the day, tears it all down at night and then rebuilds. I never know whats going on in there. Its never tossed out a molt so its pretty much a guessing game. I've had it for 2 years and I'm sure it needs to be rehoused but I don't ever even see feet. Frustrating..for all I know it could be a mature male now, lol.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
At least that's not just me. Now I know I don't have to call exorcist or a doctor
@draconisj4 so that behaviour never changed? Your T must have molted at least once during that time, I guess it could have changed tactics after moulting once or twice.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
At least that's not just me. Now I know I don't have to call exorcist or a doctor
@draconisj4 so that behaviour never changed? Your T must have molted at least once during that time, I guess it could have changed tactics after moulting once or twice.
It was a tiny sling when I got it, I'm sure it's molted a few times and I'm sure it needs to be rehoused. It's behavior hasn't changed at all, evidently it likes it's privacy. Since I don't know when to feed I just mangle a roach so its legs still wiggle a bit and stick in in the webbing. Usually when I come back to check the spider has ripped through the web and grabbed the roach. If the roach is still there after couple of hours I remove it and try again in a week.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Just wow, mine has done same thing for the fourth time. It actually might be possessed. Maybe it will calm down after moulting once, who knows, it's the first time this happens.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That is very typical behaviour for a fossorial tarantula and that is exactly what they would do in the wild. Block their entrance to predators during the day and open it up for hunting at night.