1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incubation setups

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by LdLrLyChLd, Jun 17, 2018.

1. LdLrLyChLd

LdLrLyChLd Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    I’m wondering if anyone has some pictures or some specific details on what works for incubating.
    In my case, I’m trying to hatch red runner roach ootheca and I have been 100% unsuccessful.
    Even if you have no experience with that species, maybe you have an experience or some advice I could consider on my future tries!

2. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    In my case, I initially purchased 80-90 or so mixed size, put them all into one enclosure, then feed them dry dog food time to time. That’s all. I don’t do any special incubation or whatsoever, except cleaning their enclosure once awhile. By just letting them be, I still see little nymphs here and there, and see numbers increasing on going.

80832C2A-3963-4829-B8D4-8F0296454C23.jpeg

3. I placed the ootecas in a smaller box with dump paper towel. I keep it moist at all time. They took several weeks to come out. Nothing special.

4. LdLrLyChLd

LdLrLyChLd Arachnosquire Active Member

It’s working! I separated them and spray them every other day. Even though they seem dried out, a couple ooths have hatched so now I have a bunch of adorable babies
    Thanks for your help! Patience is much needed for this process lol