Incoming! :) And more molts (PICS!) - gotta love slings!

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just finished placing an order for 3 more slings to add to my growing collection! I am so excited to be getting these little guys!
1 G. pulchra sling
1 C. Cyaneopubescens (GBB) 1" sling
1 P. Murinus (OBT) 1" sling

Whee! {D {D {D I've been wanting a pulchra for quite a while, GBBs have been high on my list, and the more I read about how crazy the OBTs are, the more I've wanted one. So when I had to jump on it when I realized I could get all 3 of them. :D

I'll definitely post pictures when I get them in. It might be this weekend, but may wait til next week to avoid Sunday limbo at the post office.

I've also had several more molts in the past week. The third of my 3 A. versi slings (Lachesis) finally molted, a week or so after its siblings, so now I have 3 freshly molted versi babies! They are all about 1" LS, so once they harden up they will be moving up to their new enclosures (their 1" x 1" x 3" cubes are getting a bit tight...2"x2"x4" should be better!).

Its hard to photograph the versis with all the webbing they've done, but I got a couple of OK shots...

Bob, my B. smithi sling, also molted for me, and is bit bigger now too, about 3/4." Looks like it went well and it left the molt nicely intact. Anyone know if its even possible to see the sex of a T from its molt with a microscope at this size? Not sure if it will be developed enough yet or not. I have access to a scope at school, so it might be fun to try...here are some pics:

Premolt

Postmolt

The coolest molt though was Aidan, my B. Bohemi sling. Before entering premolt, Aidan, about 7/8", looked alot like Bob does in the pictures above. However, on entering premolt I noticed I could distinctly make out patterning below the exo that looked alot like their adult coloring. And post molt - the patterning stayed! Its not as thick or brilliant as and adult yet, but its the first colors Aidan has had yet! So exciting to see a change like that and see them start looking like they will when they grow up! Also got an intact exo off this one - Aidan is about 1" now - any chance I might be able to sex it with a microscope for this one? Here are some pictures of my T.

Premolt:

Immediately Postmolt:

Several days postmolt:

Slings are so much fun! It seems like I've gotten a bunch of molts in the past few weeks. I'm rapidly accumulating a pile of sling molts! {D

I'll get some pictures of my new Ts posted when they arrive! Exciting times! :D