Problem Inbox Full/ Site Hack Info

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
To all,

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. I will alert Scott about this and look into it for you all. Has anyone tried to delete from both the inbox and sent folders? After you did, have you waited at least one hour? Just some questions while I try to help figure stuff out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Debby

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I understand you are having an issue, but that does not give you the right to violate our rules. Each user is only allowed ONE account. Please let me know which one you wish to keep and the other will be merged into it.

Thanks,

Debby
Oh my apologies, I did not know about that rule. I'd like to keep this account I'm using. The other one is called @BlueWipeOut

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
To all,

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. I will alert Scott about this and look into it for you all. Has anyone tried to delete from both the inbox and sent folders? After you did, have you waited at least one hour? Just some questions while I try to help figure stuff out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Debby
Where do I find the SENT folder? I didn't realize the new forum engine has such a feature.

I deleted many conversations, I can PM now. However, I have no idea why initially I couldn't PM anymore. I only had 62 conversations. Someone suggested that the number of messages WITHIN a conversation goes towards my inbox count of 250 messages.

Is this true?

Also, why is there no more Inbox status bar anymore indicating how full the inbox is. That was a REALLY, REALLY HELPFUL feature. Will it be put back?

Not having a status bar has found dozens of messages bouncing back...how is one supposed to keep track of every reply in every conversation to know when you have reached 250? To my limited understanding of the "conversation" system, it seems I need a notepad and calculator to keep track of my inbox..eeeshhhhhh

Last edited:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Sorry, the "sent" is within the actual conversations. I forgot they work differently with the new software. Each message counts. But yes, I believe that "the number of messages WITHIN a conversation goes towards my inbox count" is an accurate statement.

I am not sure about the bar or how to keep track. Not sure this software supports that. I will have to look into that one.

Debby

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry, the "sent" is within the actual conversations. I forgot they work differently with the new software. Each message counts. But yes, I believe that "the number of messages WITHIN a conversation goes towards my inbox count" is an accurate statement.

I am not sure about the bar or how to keep track. Not sure this software supports that. I will have to look into that one.

Debby
There is no sent folder within a conversation, at least not a graphical one like there used to be in the last AB forum version. I just checked.

Each message counts now, eesh

Thanks for the info!

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I'm suddenly having this problem today (not sure when it started, haven't tried to PM in a few weeks, but in my sleep deprived current state it probably started when I sent my last message if it's truly a msg limit issue). I have deleted multiple messages, still doesn't work. I don't see why an hour is required to be allowed to message again. Seems archaic if true but I've seen nuttier stuff :D

Pretty sure I liked the old system better. Could keep track of how many messages quickly and easily which is rather important when you have limited messages. Didn't require much thought to figure out how to "delete" a message. I had never seen "leave conversation" until this forum, wasn't what I was looking for, threw me off a bit first time I used it lol. I could also delete individual messages from a converstation to save message room instead of having to "leave" the entire convo.

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Apparently you can't with PM's started using the new system. I have some very old PM's from six plus years ago that are still shown as an individual message per sent/received msg and am able to individually delete those messages. Not so with new ones :(

I'm also wondering if maybe I lost Active Member status and my inbox limit dropped from 250 to 100 since I apparently did not post at all in June and only 12 posts in May.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Arachnopets and all, to try and do my best to further confuse things.

-This forum, XenForo, does not have a limitation of the number of posts kept in an inbox or conversation. Limitations are from plug ins supplied by the end user. In this case, AB.
-The restrictions, limitations of messages appears to be the old BB, vBulliten, added to XenForo as a sort of plug in.
-The way the system works is the accounts, AB general population, is assigned limited admin authority as far as the personal Inbox / Conversations go. That is, the individual can create a private or restricted sub forum. This is the Conversations. A sub forum with the users assigned by whom the message(s) is/are sent. The individual has the admin privilege of being able to delete, leave, a Conversation which is then flagged for delete during the next hourly DB maintenence cycle. Clear? It gets worse.
-The old vBulliten access assignments / permissions are still in the works. Since some people have no problems while others have severe restrictions spells a permissions and possibly DB conflict.
-With any unhappy union of two or more DBs, the phases of the moon and the number of siblings the owner's second cousin has can alter the permissions and how the DB runs. See SQL running on Win NT server 3.5 for a pristine example.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I was on to something for my problem. My problem was I let my Active Member status lapse. Ignore my posts in this thread. Silly me.