Problem Inbox Full/ Site Hack Info

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@MrDeranged

Private Messaging has not been fixed. It's been several days. I hope all is well there, but the ship is sinking Captain!!!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah ah ah ah, that was great, made me laugh man, but i think you people are concerned for something that doesn't exists, a storm in a water glass :-s
It does exist, I cannot PM anyone. It's a useful feature that I use often.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It does exist, I cannot PM anyone. It's a useful feature that I use often.
Ah, ok. No, I wanted to say about the risk of hackers storming the site... maybe that PM issue is a bug or something that needs a patch.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah, ok. No, I wanted to say about the risk of hackers storming the site... maybe that PM issue is a bug or something that needs a patch.
Oh I don't think it's hackers at all. But something has changed, or so it would seem, as evidenced by 2 people's inboxes not functioning.

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Oh I don't think it's hackers at all. But something has changed, or so it would seem, as evidenced by 2 people's inboxes not functioning.
I'm trying to on toxoderidae right now and am getting the same message so it's not working great for me either :)

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I actually had a similar issue the other day, but completely clearing my inbox and waiting about an hour suddenly fixed it. Very strange.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Yeah- so I want to message a person who posted a classified on a T for sale. It says their inbox is full so I can't message them and that I do not have privileges to reply to the posting, and no email or website info on the listing. So what do ya do?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah- so I want to message a person who posted a classified on a T for sale. It says their inbox is full so I can't message them and that I do not have privileges to reply to the posting, and no email or website info on the listing. So what do ya do?
Nothing, you're stuck-- Don't hijack my thread haha

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I simply just made a new account, now I have this one as my primary account and the other one which I use for messaging.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Solution. From the XenForo people (who made this Forum

XenForo moderator: There is no "inbox quota" in XenForo. That must be from an add-on.

Problem: <user> has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Reply: This is actually a vBulletin option. It works in vBulletin but doesn't appear to be something in xenForo. Very useful mod for lowering storage space and helping push people to upgrade their accounts.

It appears the divorce from vBulliten was a messy one and some goo is stuck to the tires. The old AB had severe inbox restrictions.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Actually works for me. I receive and reply to PM without problems. Last was just two hours ago.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
But i use Firefox, not Google
Think so? Look at the various sites that are checked each time you browse to a new page. See if you can find a web site that doesn't have some form of Google Analytics involved in the process of getting there.

The original OP issue. This BB is using the old BB's limitations and restrictions. The permissions and restrictions may be global or individuals may be targeted. Needs server side go though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
active account.JPG

Well how many conversations are we allowed, perhaps conversations are NOT messages??? I haven't heard anything from @MrDeranged

Last edited:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
I made a second account that Im using for PMing because this account's inbox was broken. It worked out well for making a purchase.
I understand you are having an issue, but that does not give you the right to violate our rules. Each user is only allowed ONE account. Please let me know which one you wish to keep and the other will be merged into it.

Thanks,

Debby