1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Scheduled Maintenance - Extended Downtime

Please click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Inanimate/Product Photography

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by spider, Feb 23, 2011.

1. spider

spider Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    Pretty much the same with the other thread about portraiture.
    Let's see what you photograph!

Anything from cell phones to soda :)

[​IMG]

2. curiousme

curiousme Arachnoprince Old Timer

This is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken this winter. The bubbles are frozen into the top of the ice. I don't know if it is what you meant by this thread or not....

[​IMG]

3. spider

4. hassman789

hassman789 Arachnobaron

So anything not living? Ok well I took this picture yesterday and thought it came out pretty good!
    [​IMG]

5. spider

I like the grainy iso, neat shot

6. spider

My brother was selling this knife and needed some photos today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. What

What Arachnoprince

8. curiousme

curiousme Arachnoprince Old Timer

Then maybe this fits the thread a bit better, though ice is an inanimate object.....

[​IMG]

9. hassman789

hassman789 Arachnobaron

Plasma ball!!!! I thought it Looked pretty cool!
    [​IMG]

10. spider

The purpose of this photo was to remind the people that hey, Drugs are STILL a problem, they are STILL in the schools, on the streets, and are being consumed more and more everyday by a younger and younger generation each year. It is STILL a problem. We can't just move from a neighborhood when it's becoming a drug infestation. We should take action..

[​IMG]

I must note, it was not actually cocain but instead, confectioners sugar.

11. hassman789

hassman789 Arachnobaron

Oh I was wondering what that "substance" was... Having a razor in a photo makes it so much deeper in my opinion, don't know why, but you can really feel it (At least I can..).

12. spider

Much appreciated Hassman. I used the razor because that is what they use to "cut it up", or line it up. I also felt the "made in USA" writing on it may push some buttons.

I re-processed the photo, however, to lighten it up and make it brighter.

[​IMG]

13. hassman789

hassman789 Arachnobaron

Yeah I knew thats what the razor was for in this picture. But in other pictures, a razor really "means somthing" to me. But in this picture it was a tool, but still, you know...

14. spider

15. Nerri1029

Nerri1029 Chief Cook n Bottlewasher Old Timer

[​IMG]

just a quick shot at a birthday party, not much set up. but I liked the image

16. spider

It'd make a neat stock image, just watch out for shadows from the on camera flash hitting the lens :)

17. Nerri1029

Nerri1029 Chief Cook n Bottlewasher Old Timer

As I was posting it I saw that, I wanted to crop it, but I didn't have access to the full res pic.

Thanks for the tip tho I'm seeing more and more as I look at more and more pics.

18. spider

A friend always told me shoot your image without being able to crop it in mind. One way to avoid those shadows is an external flash. Just adjust the power according to your aperture (assuming you're shooting up close) - keep your SS over 1/125 and have your flash angled torward your subject.

Or if you want to go all out, consider a 100mm f2.8 macro lens as well as a ring flash of some sort.

19. RoachGirlRen

RoachGirlRen Arachnoangel

[​IMG]

I don't know if "photography" is the best word for it, but I've always liked this picture.

20. Crysta

Crysta Arachnoprince Old Timer

im selling you some dinner at a fine restaurant in mexico...
    canon powershot g10 handheld lol
    [​IMG]