1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inactive

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by errit, Nov 11, 2004.

1. errit

errit Arachnolord Old Timer

Advertisement
    Lately my male P. leiosoma is very inactive. it doesn't come out of its hide.
    I have noticed that he has become obviously more phat then since i got him. even though am not overfeeding. I was thinking that it could be premolt. but i was almost sure that he was allready mature.

So what is the behaviour of males leiosoma's when they are premolt :confused:

Oh, by the way, it is not pregnant because it definitly is a male specimen ;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  2. RaZeDaHeLL666

RaZeDaHeLL666 Arachnodemon Old Timer

Do you keep it warm? When a scorpion is cold, it slow down him metabolism therefor it digests much slowely. Thats could be why hes fat! And inactive. If hes kept at a good temp then i dunno!

3. G. Carnell

G. Carnell Arachnoemperor Old Timer

EU

see, you answered your own question :p

4. errit

You really know how to open someone's eyes :p ;)
    But still i really thought that it had matured allready and wouldn't have too molt anymore.
    But if it will molt, then how long will this proces take

And i am keeping it warm enough at about 29 degrees celsius.

5. fusion121

fusion121 Arachnoking Old Timer

UK
    It may not be pre-moult, scorpions tend be seasonal creatures with periods of inactivity, your scorpion may simply be obeying it natural bio-rhythms.

6. errit

some kind of wintersleep?

7. fusion121

fusion121 Arachnoking Old Timer

UK
    Yes, not complete hibernation but a decrease in activity. Its not definitely the case, but its a possibility.